Contributor

$$$ Susan Graver Fashion $$$

Why is everything Susan Graver offers well over $50?  Tops, pants and dresses.  Even most of the assessories.   It's all made in China so it should be less expensive than that I would think unless she is a profit queen. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: $$$ Susan Graver Fashion $$$

As has been discussed many times on here.......everything is expensive now.  It's just how life is and may stay that way.   For me I do believe however, that the quality of her clothing is very good.   I'm happy I purchased  more than my share along the years so I don't have to buy at these rates and I have to say, her line lasts and lasts.

Respected Contributor

@Howscome The rise in costs is probably due to the exorbitant shipping fees being charged to get items across the water. The cost of some raw materials have also increased. I do not know if wages have impacted China, but I do know some strict COVID policies are in place for limiting exposures especially in the shipping ports.

Sourcing has also caused significant rises in costs. China's cotton production was being done by forced labor (a polite term for slaves). This resulted in a cheaper cotton that could be manufactured into less expensive garments. As the world has become aware of this practice, many manufacturers are refusing to use Chinese cotton. Manufacturers are watching for sourcing issues similar to this and are beginning to reject products produced under unfortunate circumstances.

We are in a time which is a recipe for higher prices. Take a little of this, add a dose of that, and prices rise. The old concept of supply and demand is the final factor. Our demand is surprisingly high. A limited supply of goods coupled with a high demand equals a higher price. 

Respected Contributor

@Howscome wrote:

Why is everything Susan Graver offers well over $50?  Tops, pants and dresses.  Even most of the assessories.   It's all made in China so it should be less expensive than that I would think unless she is a profit queen. 

The Graver line is owned by QVC.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

I am also having a problem with a few Susan items I ordered this morning just disappearing off my order page. I purchased them but they don't show up anywhere. Not  to be found on any of my lists.. Don't know if the site is messed up and I should order them again or ? Never had this happen before. Anybody else have this problem?

Respected Contributor

The Susan Graver line is old, high priced and poor quality. But her price increases started before the pandemic so you can’t really blame that. She and qvc will charge as high a price as they can get away with. One way to stop it is to not purchase her clothing and ask for new, better designers.
Respected Contributor

@silkyk  I once had this happen with an order. I ordered again and later that day I got confirmation for both orders. Get in touch with the social team before you order again.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Howscome 

Have you priced other comparable sites?  Soft Surroundings...Chicos, Soma,  Ann Taylor...every top and jacket close to or OVER $100.

@silkyk 

Yes, that happened to me.  I agree, contact the mods b4 you order again.

Mine was there and in processing...then poof!  Listing was gone.

However, the mods could see it and updated me on the shipping status.

weird, right?

@Rockycoast 

Disagree with you...I don't find her quality poor at all.  Like the other poster said...I have had things for over 15 years.  The vast majority of her line wears like iron.

Her design style is not very 'hip' but is classic and has a long closet life.

I also have more clothes than I need and am able to sit out purchasing anymore until hopefully the prices level off.

Respected Contributor

@Janey2 wrote:

@silkyk  I once had this happen with an order. I ordered again and later that day I got confirmation for both orders. Get in touch with the social team before you order again.

The same thing happened to me on a Scott Brothers TSV mattress. The order was nowhere to be found. It took the computer about 24 hours to recognize the order. In the meantime customer service and the social team were both unable to find it. The social team is very helpful, and they gave advice via email how to deal with the problem. Notify them for sure before reordering.

Trusted Contributor

Yes, clothes are high priced now - including Lori Goldstein's apparel.