Trusted Contributor

Re: Sure Do Miss The Ole QVC

They are making errors galore. They have me a credit on an item because it took so long to get to me. I never saw it when checking out on new items. I called. They can’t tell me a thing about it. I had received an email.

Mistakes on item descriptions are made a lot.

I miss the glamorous jewelry shows which were gone long before Covid. I miss Honora terribly. I miss Lisa Robertson and Jill. Jill was the best at giving item information in an honest way. I’m tired of just hearing colors and hype with no helpful information on sizing. It’s no fun anymore.

My only enjoyment is Isaac. I think he’s very entertaining. But I have to say that the stories about some fictitious girl wearing the clothing just annoys me. I’d rather have information. I like him with Jennifer way more.
Esteemed Contributor

The changes were so gradual, I barely noticed them.  Then one day I realized I wasn't even watching QVC anymore and, when I did, I couldn't sit thru an entire presentation.  The hosts and the presentations annoyed me.  As did the pricing.  When I ordered an item, I'd usually have to return it due to quality problems.   I know QVC is trying to change with the times, but I don't have to like it.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

Another thing. I have absolutely no recollection of any Costo's, BJ's or Sam's Clubs being in existence back in the early years of QVC. Or maybe they just weren't in my neck of the woods. I wonder if they have impacted QVC's sales at all?

I realize they don't have tons of products in common but some things like cookware, small appliances, electronics, jewelry, some clothing and other items can be had at those warehouse stores at better prices than the Q and other shopping networks. 

New Contributor

Same thoughts here -  Everyone I know, knows that if I wear it, use it, give it, or otherwise have it, it came from QVC.   Been a long-time fan but lately, not so much.  I hardly ever watch now, and purchasing a lot less.  There has been considerable change...and most of it, not for the good. There is a definite reduction in the Q, the V, and the C.  I am old enough to have seen a lot of change, and have comfortably adapted. The changes at the Q are different - they are rooted in a changed philosophy.  They have removed the customer, and the quality, the value and the convenience from the equation.  I suspect there is more of a focus on bottom-line and the competition.  Unfortunately, they have chipped away so much, albeit little-by-little, that it seems as though the Convenience part is the only thing left - and even that is waning.  There are a million re-runs, showing the same ole products, over and over and over and over again.  Shipping is AWFUL.  COVID has had an impact but when I can shop elsewhere and get almost all items the same day, usually no more than 2 days, there is much more than COVID at play.  And, that isn't ony from Amazon. BTW, because of the old "Q"  I never ever wanted to have anything do do with Amazon.  The "Q" used to at least give the appearance of having quality and the customer in mind.  They gave the incentive to shop with them  That is when it was good.  Now the incentive is to shop elsewhere.  And that's OK - we do have choices.  I just wish I could chose to have he old "Q". Not trying to bash the "Q",  just request a refocus.  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

What I miss about the old QVC is the laughter.  Honestly, the laughs sound fake these days - they are making the hard-sell and that's it.  HSN, on the other hand, is more freewheeling - the recent Halloween show with Amy and Adam was hilarious.

Esteemed Contributor

Just like so many here find what they are looking for at better bargains elsewhere perhaps vendors get better deals (percentages of their sales $$) selling on sites other than the Q. I recall Barbara Corcoran saying one time on Shark Tank that QVC doesn't always make it worth your while to make a deal with them. 

One thing the Q has in it's favor is the social team that you all turn to here for help with solving your problems. They are A+.

Honored Contributor

I do miss the variety in programming we used to see and the less frantic on-air approach. I think most of us get it that change is inevitable, but I also wonder why more of the time we don't see changes for the better, not just here but everywhere...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

You mean the old days when one could only order while an item was being aired and inventory was limited with items frequently selling out because everything was shipped to a single warehouse and distributed from there?

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Trusted Contributor

I never remember only being to order an item when it was actually being shown on air. They used to frequently point out that as long as the item was in stock you could buy it at any time.
Respected Contributor

@Marp wrote:

You mean the old days when one could only order while an item was being aired and inventory was limited with items frequently selling out because everything was shipped to a single warehouse and distributed from there?

No, we look back at the Joseph Segel years fondly but QVC's best years were under President Douglas Briggs (1995-2006).