Honored Contributor

Re: Sure Do Miss The Ole QVC

[ Edited ]

Time changes things, and retailers must change with the times...A retailer needs a variety of products and programming to keep their  customers engaged. Presentations on ONE item that last for almost the entire show are ridiculous. Many of the hosts are self focused, little product info...except colors...

What QVC used to have was UNIQUE items not things you can find everywhere and anywhere. Its like the Buyers are stuck in rut and just re-order everything over and over for years and years. Just check out the Holiday Gift Preview Shows----Who buys their recipients the same thing year after year. 🤔🤨 

Then there's quality issues--inconsistent sizing or what seems like no quality control takes place.... What the old QVC meant for me was ---QUALITY, VARIETY & CONVENIENCE ...(have not always found value)....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Several years ago a service rep from HSN told me she was working from home.  In this day and age I'm wondering if QVC has adapted this policy.  It would take care of the peaks and valleys of call volume.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@depglass wrote:

Several years ago a service rep from HSN told me she was working from home.  In this day and age I'm wondering if QVC has adapted this policy.  It would take care of the peaks and valleys of call volume.

@depglass 

QVC has lots of Work From Home Customer Service Rep positions available in various cities.  Check this website at the bottom right hand side of the screen under CAREERS and then scroll down and on the right hand side there is a section called OPEN POSITIONS --type in Full Time Customer Service Work At Home and see all that come up.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@Marp wrote:

You mean the old days when one could only order while an item was being aired and inventory was limited with items frequently selling out because everything was shipped to a single warehouse and distributed from there?

I remember those days.  Things sold out very quickly and when it was gone it was really gone.

Honored Contributor

I really liked being able to buy 2 of the same and the second being 1/2 price.

New Contributor

Boy oh boy I see the changes too. I'm old now but started watching when I was very young, at the beginning. Let's not forget, older folks spend money, and they like to watch live and build up "friendships" with the hosts, so they feel like party of the QVC family. That formula is evolving. Very little Quacker. Very little Dooney. Gosh remember all the Halloween shows, including costumes? Lots of ValParr. Lots and LOTS of food. (Oh and I miss Antonella). More and more boutique style clothing lines. I was really sorry that QVC2 went all repeats, not even live during peak times. Yes I order online, but can't we do that on ANY website? Like Amazon? I thought QVC was a shopping TV channel. Oh well enough of my complaining, as 2020 had taught us, life can change on a dime and not always for the better.
Esteemed Contributor

Re the hard sell, so long on one item, yelling, telling stories, silliness, etc,etc.

Does anyone remember Paul Kelly, Mike Rowe and others?  I remember Pau's quiet voice.  One time he was selling a watch......gave all the details and let the camera focus on it while he turned it without saying a word.  More like being in a store and taking your time to just look at it without having someone blabbing in your face........ I miss that.

Honored Contributor

When I was working, I had more use for the clothing and jewelry..but now that I am retired I don’t really need a thing. I do miss several brands they used to carry though, especially Epiphany. The new “platinum-clad” is much lower quality.
Honored Contributor

The QVC still seems to target the same demographic that they did years ago. Middle-aged to older women. Women in that demo aren’t going to spend $80 on a liquid knit plain top or hundreds on a handbag.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lovesrecess wrote:
I do miss several brands they used to carry though, especially Epiphany. The new “platinum-clad” is much lower quality.

I believe it!