Respected Contributor
Just wondering how others view sunglasses worn by models, especially with winter clothing. I think it's usually the same models who are so frequently wearing sunglasses. I realize we wear glasses in winter but somehow bothers me as viewer, especially in evening and when habitual . Just wondering.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Sunglasses worn by models

[ Edited ]

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

This was discussed long ago and a few didn't appreciate my comment.   They all seem to do it at the same time.  I have watched some of the fashion shows on TV and they wear them on the runway.  When their hair is worn back all I see are the black glasses and a nose.  It cracks me up because it makes them look like they have on an owls mask unless their lips are bright red.  If they had on the black lipstick it would look like that old Groucho Marx mask with the big nose and mustache.   I wonder if the glasses are something a certain stylist does.   My problem.  It gives me a chuckle.

Contributor

I agree.  I find the sunglasses to be very distracting.  However, it's probably because the particular fashion vendor also sells sunglasses on QVC (like Isaac Mizrahi).  Isaac, more than the other vendors, usually has his models wearing sunglasses.   Or, maybe some of the models have sensitivity to the very bright stage lights.

Honored Contributor

I love sunglasses, so it really doesn't bother me . What does bother me are the other accessories that cover up the item for sale. When you  " style " to the point that the garment features are covered up, that is not helpful. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

The sunglasses look silly, but they don't bother me.

Respected Contributor

Well I live in FL so the second you step outside you have on sunglasses. Guess I'm used to seeing them. It doesn't bother me either. But I understand your point. 

Respected Contributor

I really do not see the point,  It definitely is not adding anything to the outfit and they are INSIDE a studio. Ridiculous! 

-Texas Hill Country-
Respected Contributor

I do find them distracting.

Although I certainly wear them in the car and outside.

Hyacinth

Respected Contributor

I think they are going for the total look.  That's my guess.  Like you'd see someone on the street.  It does not bother me nor do I find it distracting.