Honored Contributor

Re: *** Suggestions and concerns about the moderation of QVC Community forums ***

On 9/16/2014 golfcartrider said:

You know what amazes the most about this thread, the number of us that are home an a Tuesday afternoon, not working. Smile

What amazes you about this??? Believe me, my working days are over, I put in my share of working my dear, and am now enjoying retirement!

Super Contributor

Re: *** Suggestions and concerns about the moderation of QVC Community forums ***

I have to say that while Ical posted the pix of JR and it was inappropriate, I don;t think any of her posts other than that were cause for alarm or being called a troll. Were they direct? Yes. Were they all flowery and girly-girl? No. So what. Again, just reiterating that not everyone has the same style and same way about how they speak or write.

I am a very direct person, at work, I was the one who always got the team lead because I am not afraid to speak up. Many people don't like that saying I had an edge to my words. Perhaps that is true. But not everyone can be the calm, soothing, voice in a crowd. Sometimes things only change when the big mouth shows up.

My son who is a PhD Psychologist and I talk about relationships for hours. He always tells me, mom if everyday you woke up and all your memories prior to today did not exist, you could go through life with no long held grudges, no past hurts or wrongs done to you, but you also would not remember any of the good things you like to share with others. So it is difficult to post here when reading others' posts and they remind you of how you were treated. It is very difficult.

Esteemed Contributor

On 9/16/2014 ical said:
On 9/16/2014 spindlegirl said:
On 9/16/2014 kittymomNC said:

<em>I am practicing dooBdoo patience again</em>.....and trying to get this thread to flip a page so that flashing light on the Joan Rivers picture will get out of my eyes! {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Kittymomnc I apologize for the other thread. Very sorry. I was wrong. And apologies to SuzyQ too.

DooB good thread, ignore the

Edit out, please, your inappropriate personal attacks on me. You are putting a tone in my posts without reading them clearly.

You are breaking the terms of use by personally attacking other posters, me, in this case. So edit it out and everywhere else you have done so. Thank you.

May I ask to whom you are speaking? If you're speaking to me, I did not trash you, I just made a comment about the flashing light in the picture which was bothering my eyes. That is most certainly not about you personally.

If you're talking about spindlegirl, her post is to me and has nothing to do with you.

Respected Contributor

On 9/16/2014 baddest_dog said:

I have to say that while Ical posted the pix of JR and it was inappropriate, I don;t think any of her posts other than that were cause for alarm or being called a troll. Were they direct? Yes. Were they all flowery and girly-girl? No. So what. Again, just reiterating that not everyone has the same style and same way about how they speak or write.

I am a very direct person, at work, I was the one who always got the team lead because I am not afraid to speak up. Many people don't like that saying I had an edge to my words. Perhaps that is true. But not everyone can be the calm, soothing, voice in a crowd. Sometimes things only change when the big mouth shows up.

My son who is a PhD Psychologist and I talk about relationships for hours. He always tells me, mom if everyday you woke up and all your memories prior to today did not exist, you could go through life with no long held grudges, no past hurts or wrongs done to you, but you also would not remember any of the good things you like to share with others. So it is difficult to post here when reading others' posts and they remind you of how you were treated. It is very difficult.

I guess that makes sense. I suppose in a way you're right. Unfortunately, that's all I'll say in this thread because now I don't what I can say in this thread without it going south. It would seem unless you belong to certain groups on this forum, you'll get singled out and verbally trashed. I honestly do believe that some posters here run this forum and not the moderators. It's why I stay out of most threads, as I know how they'll turn out and want no part of it.

Still, hope things turn out well for dooBdoo.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Honored Contributor

NC Bandwagon, You're so kind. Thanks. I know threads don't last forever, and I'm appreciative this one was here for a while. I enjoyed the comments, and hope others did too.

If this thread goes poof we'll all meet on other ones. And so it goes ...Smile

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

You know what amazes the most about this thread, the number of us that are home an a Tuesday afternoon, not working. Smile

Are you sitting down? I hope so because you won't believe this: I literally laughed out loud here at what just might turn out to be the Best. Post. On. This. Thread.

Slackers, all of us -- whether we're working or home or both.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

On 9/16/2014 suzyQ3 said:

Are you sitting down? I hope so because you won't believe this: I literally laughed out loud here at what just might turn out to be the Best. Post. On. This. Thread.

Slackers, all of us -- whether we're working or home or both.

speak for yourself, I am doing yoga while reading and posting.Wink

Honored Contributor

On 9/16/2014 dooBdoo said:
On 9/16/2014 Ford1224 said: <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 8pt 0.25in; text-indent: 0.25in; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1;"> 1. In the responses to the Community Forum Survey, I see a lot of posts regarding long-standing threads. I have no objection to long standing threads and don’t know why so much attention has been directed to what has been, to date, a total non-issue on the QVC BB. If one doesn’t participate in them, just don’t open them. These posters are friends and should not be deprived of the way they keep their friendships ongoing.

<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 8pt 0.25in; text-indent: 0.25in; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1;"> 2. I made a suggestion that a separate forum be created for Long Standing Threads . . . obviously call it what you will. Just move these threads over there and they won’t show up on the daily listings. The regular posters can then automatically attach themselves to their forum, which makes it easier for them. Or do nothing . . . it’s fine the way it is.

<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 8pt 0.25in; text-indent: 0.25in; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1;"> 3. As to threads that turn “nasty,” take the time to delete the nasty posts and leave the thread, which might otherwise be a very informative and interesting one . . . alone. Some posters, unfortunately, will deliberately sabotage a thread they don’t like. Don’t let that happen. You are monitors, so “monitor.”

<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 8pt 0.25in; text-indent: 0.25in; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1;"> 4. Take the time to keep track of the habitual nasty posters (“trolls”) and warn them that their behavior is putting them in jeopardy. Also make it personal so that these posters know what their offenses are. If they continue, then banning them temporarily, or threatening to ban them permanently if they continue their actions, makes sense. It’s ludicrous to ban someone out of the blue with no explanation as to why why they were banned.

<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 8pt 0.25in; text-indent: 0.25in; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1;"> 5. Do not have a “boiler plate” warning when banning someone. It is insulting and egregious to automatically cite behavior that the poster has never exhibited. If you are banning them, tell them specifically why. This serious step is not the place to cut corners . . . make it personal. It has the added advantage of educating the poster that their specific post should not be repeated. If they ignore that, then proceed with your threatening warnings.

<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 8pt 0.25in; text-indent: 0.25in; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1;"> 6. Keep in mind that most of us are long standing members of your BB and have invested a lot of time, thoughts, and energy into helping others. There are many posts in the Electronics Forum, the Health & Wellness Forum (and you should change that sub-heading name back to Health & Wellness, since saying Health & Fitness both in the heading and sub-heading is redundant), and other forums where real support is available. Sports should be totally separated from this category.

<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 8pt 0.25in; text-indent: 0.25in; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1;"> 7. I say all of this because we are not only the backbone of the BB, but we are purchasers of your products. If the BB is too small for you to consider our little group and to give us credit for sticking with you as a company and as BB members for so many years then perhaps you should consider abandoning the BB altogether. Most of us are mature adults, with educations, knowledge, intelligence, empathy and can help others on the BB in many different ways. There are also times when we need help, and we can look to the forums for advice, caring and counsel. No, it’s not the same as “Google,” it’s more of a therapy group and helps many of us in our daily lives. We ask respect for that. It can also be a heck of a lot of fun.

<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 8pt 0.25in; text-indent: 0.25in; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1;"> 8. The mistakes made lately are indiscriminate poofing of innocuous and harmless threads, and we look to each other and say “why was that poofed?” On the other hand, there are threads that are just the opposite that just sit there day after day, helpful to no one, interesting to no one. It makes us wonder just what is an acceptable post, what is an acceptable dialogue? Banning too many social and significant topics gives us nothing to talk about.

<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 8pt 0.25in; text-indent: 0.25in; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1;"> 9. Also give us a sophisticated list of your constantly updated disallowed words, some of which are totally ridiculous and which I can’t name because it will prevent this from posting. Again, give us credit for our wisdom, maturity, and intelligence. We are not teenagers.

<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 8pt 0.25in; text-indent: 0.25in; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1;"> 10. In short, your changes have only confused us more. We are not benefiting from them. And good posters are leaving out of sheer frustration. We would also like to know who the web monitors are and if they actually understand our culture and society, because sometimes it seems they are totally clueless. This BB used to be much better and can be again.

These are great, Ford! In light of the fleeting nature of threads, did you consider sending that to the community team's email address? The optimist in me wants to think they might at least read it.

I'll try it. Thanks, dooBdoo. I thought you would receive more support and helpful posts than you did. This shouldn't have been just another opportunity for snarks and negativity. It bothers me that what we are trying to do is being ridiculed by some.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

On 9/16/2014 suzyQ3 said:

dooBdoo knows I love her. Smile So I know she'll understand what I'm going to say.

My friend, you have a good heart and always good intentions. But when someone starts a thread like this, it opens up, yet again, an avenue for people to vent. Now, that's not necessarily a bad thing.

But I've been around here long enough know that some of that venting is veiled jabs at posters whom they believe have somehow wronged them. Whether it's true or not is invariably up for personal interpretation. Threads like this too easily devolve into the continuance of grudgefests and old battles. And I see a little of that creeping in already.

Also, I see that some don't approve when a couple posters politely take a somewhat different POV about this topic than most others here. But I'm sure that you, dooBdoo, would be the first to welcome all opinions. You know that threads have a mind of their own. Wink

My opinion is that the chance of this going south in terms of rehashing past problems or potentially creating new ones among posters is far greater than the chance that QVC will make any modifications based on this thread.

oh so true, as CLEARLY evident by a few posters on this thread.

Great post Suzy and so true!

Super Contributor

Ford, I'm not going to quote your whole post again, but just where do you see anyone ridiculing these posts? There is a huge difference in asking why someone would start another post on this subject and offering up ridicule. Please be so kind to point out the ridicule.

I certainly have stated my opinion, as you do, but I don't think I did this:

ridicule:the act of making fun of someone or something in a cruel or harsh way : harsh comments made by people who are laughing at someone or something.

and I don't think anyone else did this either. No one is making fun of anyone and laughing at them behind their back.