Esteemed Contributor

Re: *** Suggestions and concerns about the moderation of QVC Community forums ***

On 9/16/2014 bbluvr said:

I do appreciate what the OP is saying, however, it seems to me that QVC already asked the members of the community what they wanted through the survey.

I assume then, that these changes were made based on the answers given. so basically, we are getting what most of us asked for.

Also, though I do enjoy these forums very much, I feel there is just too much fuss for a shopping channel board.

While I appreciate the points you've made, I would like to say that I think part of the problem is that so few posters were even aware of the QVC "survey", because it was not well advertised or put on all the forums. Some people only post on one or two forums. I was not aware of it until it was too late. So they based their decisions on what was probably a minority of people who post here.

The other point I would like to make, and had not really thought a lot about until now, is that it's possible that many people think a QVC shopping board would be "safe" and a place they could come to for fun or interesting conversation, without the worries of the regular Internet chat rooms or boards. I know that's one of the reasons I first started reading the forums, and then a couple of years ago decided to start posting. I don't do Facebook, and I don't go to any other chat rooms or boards--I do feel "safer" here if that makes any sense. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Respected Contributor

Re: *** Suggestions and concerns about the moderation of QVC Community forums ***

On 9/16/2014 ical said:
On 9/16/2014 dooBdoo said:

In <em>numerous threads across the forums</em>, posters are reporting their concerns about the moderation of the community and the application of the <em>Standards for Participation</em>.

(snip)

I would like to add, since you cannot support your claim "numerous threads across the forums", you should change it to reflect the number* of links which can support (allegedly) your claim (again, based on your subjective assessment).

*You only gave one link. Far from numerous, imo.

For someone that likes a "pleasant" board...you are really making it unpleasant for others.

Honored Contributor

On 9/16/2014 SeaGal said:

Hi dooB

I dont really have anything to suggest except for maybe a whole new moderation co. I have been on alot of message boards and I have never seen one run so poorly as this one. I have totally lost interest in this place because of it and only stop in once in awhile any more.

I hope all is well with you... Smile

Hi, SeaGal! Long time no see!

Thanks for the comment. I agree with you completely. I've mentioned before that I've helped moderate a couple of international forums related to my work, and I've participated in others, and this one is terribly managed in comparison. I feel the same way as you, I don't read or post here nearly as much as I once did.

Thanks for the good wishes, doing well, and I hope you are too.Smile

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

It really would help if the QVC staff would start posting and explaining things a bit better. They said they would.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Super Contributor

I disagree with you kittymom. It was not a minority of people who knew about the survey. It was advertised and posters even provided direct links to the survey for anyone who said they didn't see it on QVC homepage. The majority of regular posters on these boards come here every single day and post a lot so if they represent the minority of QVC customers, then it only means that while 10,000 people might be looking on-line during the day only 10% of them actually come here to post, so in reality, those posters had a huge impact on how they answered the survey. People who only go on QVC online to shop wouldn't care about surveys they don't participate in.

Super Contributor

On 9/16/2014 baddest_dog said:

I just saw the other thread and now understand why you started this one. But, in all honesty OP, you are actually doing something that does violate the standards. You got upset that another poster that you like was banned for a day so you took the "meat" of that thread and brought it over here to find out how others feel. Really, I know you have lots of support on the BB and I have none, but the poster in question is just as opinionated as I am and she gets lots of people to support her. Which kind of in the end, justifies my position in saying there is no equity on these boards.

They announced changes awhile ago, but now you want more discussion on it because your friend got temporarily banned?

eegad. I got curious based on what you said. So they have a bad thread going over on a fashion board, and spread it to another forum? And the purpose of this is why, exactly? Anybody know?

Maybe QVC should delete the fashion thread and this one. Silly stuff.

Thanks.

Respected Contributor

On 9/16/2014 kittymomNC said:
On 9/16/2014 bbluvr said:

I do appreciate what the OP is saying, however, it seems to me that QVC already asked the members of the community what they wanted through the survey.

I assume then, that these changes were made based on the answers given. so basically, we are getting what most of us asked for.

Also, though I do enjoy these forums very much, I feel there is just too much fuss for a shopping channel board.

While I appreciate the points you've made, I would like to say that I think part of the problem is that so few posters were even aware of the QVC "survey", because it was not well advertised or put on all the forums. Some people only post on one or two forums. I was not aware of it until it was too late. So they based their decisions on what was probably a minority of people who post here.

The other point I would like to make, and had not really thought a lot about until now, is that it's possible that many people think a QVC shopping board would be "safe" and a place they could come to for fun or interesting conversation, without the worries of the regular Internet chat rooms or boards. I know that's one of the reasons I first started reading the forums, and then a couple of years ago decided to start posting. I don't do Facebook, and I don't go to any other chat rooms or boards--I do feel "safer" here if that makes any sense. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

I do facebook but do not dare go to any other chat rooms in fear of what can happen, and A lot of bad things do happen. I feel safer here too even with all the madness.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Honored Contributor

On 9/16/2014 VaBelle35 said:

They asked us for our opinion. We filled out the survey, they went with what the majority wanted and now it's being implemented.

End of story.

I'm just surprised that they actually followed through with it this time. In 2012 they announced a "kinder, gentler" forum and NOTHING CHANGED.

I'm glad they finally did something.

The majority of people didn't even see the survey to fill it out. That was part of the problem.

Exactly what is a kinder, gentler forum? According to whom? What is kinder and gentler to some is a snoozefest to others. What is mean to some, isn't mean to others. What is an opinion to some is considering bashing by others.

I hate to see these boards end up like the HSN boards which aren't even worth posting on.

Super Contributor

Honored Contributor

On 9/16/2014 ical said:
On 9/16/2014 ical said:

In numerous threads across the forums, posters are reporting their concerns about the moderation of the community and the application of the Standards for Participation . Some are uneasy about the potential changes announced after the recent survey, while others welcome a change.

(snip)

Um? Huh? Where are you reading these "numerous threads across forums"??

Links, please.

Also, why are you posting this? Just wondering…{#emotions_dlg.huh} Considering they have moderators. Are you a moderator or applying? {#emotions_dlg.blink}

Hi, ical!

Here's the thread that prompted this one. There have been others, but I don't keep track of them.

Deleting all opinions QVC.... Why?

I'm sorry if you're unhappy with this thread, but it's not against the standards and I was hoping it would be helpful. As you know, any of us are allowed to post threads and comments, and I think that's a good thing. I seldom start new threads, gave it careful thought before launching this one, and I'm guessing those uninterested will pass it by.

Thanks for you post.Smile

It is their website (their being QVC). They have the right to delete anything they choose. No one's writing War & Peace here, so what is the big deal? This is not a child's website. If some posters go over the line, then they are lucky they are not banned, imo,

And I'm betting you would have been the first one screaming had QVC decided to delete all your Joan posts though.