Super Contributor

Re: *** Suggestions and concerns about the moderation of QVC Community forums ***

Waja61, I thought pot-stirring was very much against Community Standards and guaranteed getting banned for life ?

It seems to work for some trolls, why not for others ?????

Trusted Contributor

Re: *** Suggestions and concerns about the moderation of QVC Community forums ***

I am tired of a small, but very vocal, group with obvious agendas, getting everyone who disagrees with their own biases erased. A person can express their opinion on a host without being labeled bigoted.

For instance, Jayne is African American. If I state that I disliked her presentation for some reason, I am not doing so because of her skin color. (I happen to like Jayne as a host, BTW, but was using her as an obvious example. And you don't know MY skin color!)

I think that the accusers of bias are the ones who should be sanctioned as blatantly inflammatory in their accusations of bigotry. Please stop the self appointed "bigot police".

Honored Contributor

On 10/18/2014 NYwoman said:

I am tired of a small, but very vocal, group with obvious agendas, getting everyone who disagrees with their own biases erased. A person can express their opinion on a host without being labeled bigoted.

For instance, Jayne is African American. If I state that I disliked her presentation for some reason, I am not doing so because of her skin color. (I happen to like Jayne as a host, BTW, but was using her as an obvious example. And you don't know MY skin color!)

I think that the accusers of bias are the ones who should be sanctioned as blatantly inflammatory in their accusations of bigotry. Please stop the self appointed "bigot police".

It's up to the moderators to decide what to do with threads or posts if they are reported. QVC has taken note that a majority of posters/readers want to see host-bashing poofed. Not every post that criticises a host is "bashing" IMO, but in almost any given thread about a host, some people will bash in a pretty crude way and *that* will get a thread poofed when other posters simply "don't like" would not have. QVC doesn't want controversy about even the possibility of perceived bigotry. I don't necessarily agree with that but I understand it. There is a fair amount of thinly veiled, not all that subtle homophobia posted throughout the forums. It's nothing new. Pops up now and again. So if people do not believe this should be okay and question a poster's motives or words, if that gets a thread poofed, I could not be sorry. Bigotry exists. It's up to the moderators to decide if a post or thread is heading down that road, not us.
Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Trusted Contributor

On 10/18/2014 moonchilde said:

It's up to the moderators to decide what to do with threads or posts if they are reported. QVC has taken note that a majority of posters/readers want to see host-bashing poofed. Not every post that criticises a host is "bashing" IMO, but in almost any given thread about a host, some people will bash in a pretty crude way and *that* will get a thread poofed when other posters simply "don't like" would not have. QVC doesn't want controversy about even the possibility of perceived bigotry. I don't necessarily agree with that but I understand it. There is a fair amount of thinly veiled, not all that subtle homophobia posted throughout the forums. It's nothing new. Pops up now and again. So if people do not believe this should be okay and question a poster's motives or words, if that gets a thread poofed, I could not be sorry. Bigotry exists. It's up to the moderators to decide if a post or thread is heading down that road, not us.

People should be free to state opinions that are not "bashes" but opinions without being accused of homophobia. This, in itself, is bigotry. This has got to stop. Who made these self appointed bigot police dictators of norms?

Honored Contributor

On 10/18/2014 moonchilde said:

People should be free to state opinions that are not "bashes" but opinions without being accused of homophobia. This, in itself, is bigotry. This has got to stop. Who made these self appointed bigot police dictators of norms?

If it quacks like a duck, it's most likely a duck. Take your concerns up with QVC. It's their decision-making you're calling into question, no matter how much you try to call out other posters.
Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

On 10/17/2014 hopeQ1 said:

Waja61, I thought pot-stirring was very much against Community Standards and guaranteed getting banned for life ?

It seems to work for some trolls, why not for others ?????

I couldn't say why that is, HopeQ1. My guess is the trolls keep making new accounts with mobile devices -- possibly with various public WiFi and such. Hard to keep up with them all. But I'd assume they are on the Moderators' radar.

As poster Buck-I-Nana pointed out in VP, the Q-Team should be aware that hackers often spam a site (as happened here last night with hundreds of old threads pulled up) in order to distract, while they try to attack. Gain entry to members accounts, etc. They probably know of this old technique, but just in case... I mention it here where perhaps they read.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with you. We should all be able in a respectful manner to state that we do not care for xyz host. However, I personally have seen one poster who has negative things to say repeatedly against every AA host, most especially Jayne Brown. In my opinion that person is a bigot. This person not only makes negative comments about AA hosts within existing run of the mill threads, but repeatedly starts new threads under the guise of let's discuss.

I forgot to add that I do not consider myself part of the "bigot police". However, it's a clear pattern that has been shown in multiple threads. That's my opinion.