Honored Contributor

Re: *** Suggestions and concerns about the moderation of QVC Community forums ***

If anyone has a post deleted by the moderators then I do think they should email the offending person to let them know why so they don't keep doing it - even warning that this is now their say maybe 3rd offense and let them know how may offenses before being banned. It might just be that someone is not good at wording things but really meant nothing bad. Even just reiterating the forum rules that something is not to be posted is a good idea.

Also if a whole thread is poofed then I think the title should remain and when opened an explanation given as to why it was deleted.

Actually, though, I think the poll was just something that really wasn't intended to do much but just look like they were doing something about all the complaints. I hope not though.

Honored Contributor

Re: *** Suggestions and concerns about the moderation of QVC Community forums ***

I haven't thoroughly read every post, but I've scanned them, so I may be making a redundant comment.

1. As for long standing posts .... PLEASE do not delete that beautiful thread PICTURES OF JUST CATS .... without a doubt, it's the most beautiful, heart warming thread I've ever seen on any message board, anywhere ..... not to mention all the work that went into the contributions of all the photos ... this thread is a keeper! {#emotions_dlg.wub}

2. Can we please see a list of all the banned words?

Some rejected words made no sense whatsoever ...

such as the word F L U F F ... what's wrong with THAT? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Honored Contributor

One more thought .... I think that QVC employees coming on to this MB are going to be taking their lives in their hands .... they are going to be put on the spot to make explanations, etc .... I'm just saying. {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Super Contributor

On 9/16/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:

I haven't thoroughly read every post, but I've scanned them, so I may be making a redundant comment.

1. As for long standing posts .... PLEASE do not delete that beautiful thread PICTURES OF JUST CATS .... without a doubt, it's the most beautiful, heart warming thread I've ever seen on any message board, anywhere ..... not to mention all the work that went into the contributions of all the photos ... this thread is a keeper! {#emotions_dlg.wub}

such as the word F L U F F ... what's wrong with THAT? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Urban Dictionary is your friend...

Esteemed Contributor

On 9/16/2014 Colonel Meow said:
On 9/16/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:

Urban Dictionary is your friend...

{#emotions_dlg.lol} I learned that the hard way...I mentioned it to my son! He was very "delicate" in his answer.......{#emotions_dlg.crying} I also learned about another word recently...I'm getting a whole new education, at my age!

Super Contributor

kittymom - I imagine he was. LOL!

Honored Contributor

My 2 cents.

1- I'm not sure a 'majority' of posters did, or did not see or participate in the poll. I don't think anyone but the Q has that information.

2 - I did participate and can say that IMO the questions were very unspecific. Example - [Paraphrase from my memory]

Would you like the moderators to delete negative, derogatory, personal, etc comments about Hosts and Products?

To which I answered YES. Why? Because it was the only question that addressed derogatory, negative, personal remarks. I don't have a problem with Negative comments about products. I welcome them. I don't have issues with comments about Hosts because they are public figures. However I DO have problems with Derogatory, Personal comments about Hosts and Vendors. There was no way to parse out Negative, from Derogatory and Personal, and Vendors were not mentioned at all.

My background is Health Care Policy / Education which requires a fair amount of information gathering. Again, IMO the poll was designed so that one could infer pretty much anything, or nothing from the results.

If the results are such that Hateful, Derogatory, Personal remarks about Hosts, Vendors, and other Members will be deleted I say good.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Super Contributor

Fluffy cats, fluffy towels. What is wrong with that?
Super Contributor

On 9/16/2014 gazelle77 said: Fluffy cats, fluffy towels

Fluffy is fine. It's f l u f f that webbie doesn't like.

Respected Contributor

I would like to see NO censorship of ideas. I am only OK with censoring REALLY offensive words. They really do not add to expression of ideas and opinions. Our big local paper works like this and all is well on those boards. But, then I don't get offended if others disagree with me.