Contributor
Anybody know if Sue Clifton is still on QVC with Dooney & Bourke? Haven't seen her in a long time -- she always did a great job.
Valued Contributor
I saw her in the week or so.
Respected Contributor

She was on about 2 weeks ago from her home in Florida.

Super Contributor

Saw her last week.  Had  a slightly differnt haircut.

Contributor

These posts are from September of last  year.

Does anyone know why Sue Clifton has not been on in such a long time?  I can't remember the last time I saw her.

Noone seems to say anything, unless we missed it.

Honored Contributor

Probably replaced with someone younger.  I think the Q is determined to get a younger audience by hiring younger hosts and vendors.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon  Does QVC hire the vendor reps?   I ask that question because some years ago, the daughter of a friend of mine was asked to train as a rep for her company in anticipation of their making a contract with QVC.  No contract came about, so neither did her assignment change.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@faeriemoon  Does QVC hire the vendor reps?   I ask that question because some years ago, the daughter of a friend of mine was asked to train as a rep for her company in anticipation of their making a contract with QVC.  No contract came about, so neither did her assignment change.

@millieshops  Yes, I believe they do.  Linda Davies has jumped around a bit, the Vera Bradley (Alison?) rep used to represent Tignanello, the Vince Camuto (Bethany) rep used to represent Oryany.  If not hired directly by the Q, I'm sure there was some Q involvement in the decision.  There are others whose names I don't know as well...

Perhaps someone here knows more about this than I do.

Super Contributor

Re: Sue Clifton - Dooney

[ Edited ]

@watchinginOrlando wrote:

Does anyone know why Sue Clifton has not been on in such a long time?  I can't remember the last time I saw her.

When I posted about this asking the very same question, what happened to Sue Clifton (maybe 2 weeks ago) I was told very rudely by another poster how this was already on the handbag forum and to just move on and let it go (I had no idea it had, don't frequent that forum), which I didn't appreciate of course, but oh well that's how forums can be lol.

Within a day or two after my post went :: poof :: have no idea why ugh. I find quality, very knowledgeable, personable, no pretense (ie., not the newbie style) and classy brand ambassadors to be of true great service to a brand, really enjoyed Sue but apparently she retired - haven't heard anything concrete. Hope all is well with her!

Honored Contributor

@DooneyGal2 wrote:

@watchinginOrlando wrote:

When I posted about this asking the very same question, what happened to Sue Clifton (maybe 2 weeks ago) I was told very rudely by another poster how this was already on the handbag forum and to just move on and let it go (I had no idea it had, don't frequent that forum), which I didn't appreciate of course, but oh well that's how forums can be lol.

Within a day or two after my post went :: poof :: have no idea why ugh. I find quality, very knowledgeable, personable, no pretense (ie., not the newbie style) and classy brand ambassadors to be of true great service to a brand, really enjoyed Sue but apparently she retired - haven't heard anything concrete. Hope all is well with her!

@DooneyGal2  -  that's silly when someone gives a response that there's already another thread in another forum.  Not everyone reads every forum.   There was no need for that rude response.

As far as Sue, I wonder what happened to her also.  I mentioned before that I thought she was too young to retire.  Seems like there would have been some well wishes somewhere on social media if she retired.  I hope she is okay.