Super Contributor

Re: Such a fuss about Katia!

@sunala wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper - yes I do remember. Joan Rivers loved Stacy and Suzanne for modeling, and before that there was a blonde and a brunette model she referred to as Betty and Veronica. Anyone remember who they were?

@sunala :

Donna and Sarah

Esteemed Contributor

@Lucky Dog wrote:

@sunala wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper - yes I do remember. Joan Rivers loved Stacy and Suzanne for modeling, and before that there was a blonde and a brunette model she referred to as Betty and Veronica. Anyone remember who they were?

@sunala :

Donna and Sarah

@Lucky Dog - Thanks! I don't think I remember Donna and Sarah at all! 

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Super Contributor

@sunala :

You can find some early QVC Joan Rivers shows, and you will see them modeling.

Esteemed Contributor

Katia is my least favorite model and always has been. I like Pam, Blair, Aday, and Deanna for clothing.  All models from the agency has to be QVC certified, whatever that means.

Respected Contributor

@FancyPhillyshopper wrote:

In my opinion there are models who just stand there, and models who know how to walk the runway and show off clothes.

Yes, Katia is beautiful and thin, but she really understands how to move appropriately and make the clothes just flow. She is the closest to a true professional model, rather than an amateur.

I love looking at her model, and she really provides an excellent focus for the clothes.  I think all the designers and the other models know that--that is why they request her and all like to see her in action!

I agree, she looks beautiful in the clothes she models.  However, my figure is nothing like hers; I am very short and not slim so how she looks is nothing like I will look in the same thing. Nice to watch,  it how many viewers have her figure?

Honored Contributor

@Stray wrote:
I think Suzanne is beautiful & does mostly make up. I liked Amanda & haven’t seen her live in a long time. I do see her when they go to the website, pre recorded. I think she looks lovely in everything.

@Stray 

Suzanne.  That's the name i could not think of.  I think she is gorgeous.

Super Contributor

jewelry?

Louis Dell'Olio loved redhead model Kate, and brunette Angela.

Bob Mackie loved Kate and Angela, too, and Chantal. Miss him!
Respected Contributor

Susan Graver has spoken about her with greyt admiration  for many, many years.

Honored Contributor

@barrel racer wrote:  All models from the agency has to be QVC certified, whatever that means.

@barrel racer - I think it means they are from the one agency that QVC uses. I heard that when I first joined here. The models are paid by their agency, not QVC.

I think it's obvious that vendors can request certain models if they are available. They do work outside of QVC some. I saw Deanna in a commercial for Walmart playing a young mother. I saw Cheryl in a commercial splashing in a puddle with a young boy.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

Darn @SandySparkles  - very impressive!  Thanks for posting!

@San Antonio Gal wrote

@San Antonio Gal I thought so also, and you are quite welcome!😉

~~~All we need is LOVE💖