Respected Contributor

Re: Such a fuss about Katia!

In my opinion there are models who just stand there, and models who know how to walk the runway and show off clothes.

Yes, Katia is beautiful and thin, but she really understands how to move appropriately and make the clothes just flow. She is the closest to a true professional model, rather than an amateur.

I love looking at her model, and she really provides an excellent focus for the clothes.  I think all the designers and the other models know that--that is why they request her and all like to see her in action!

Esteemed Contributor

Susan way over does it with Katia, oohing, ahing, gushing and carrying on. At one time, Susan went on and on over Katia and then, insisted on herself buying the item for Katia. 

Susan should be sensitive towards the other models feeling with all the attention she gives Katia. And how she goes on with the same old thing with Katia: "Katia is long and lean." She's said that thousands of times over the years....

Esteemed Contributor

I see Jackie Jaime & Deanna a lot. Katia is vivacious & looks good in everything. I’d want her model my designs too! But, I see Jackie more than Katia & she is quite pretty and gets as much attention.
Esteemed Contributor

Off topic.... What happened to the model Maria? She was on a few years ago.

Super Contributor

@FranandZoe wrote:

How they go about Katia!  It's embarrassing.  She seems to demand it though..  What about the other models?,

Funny you should say that because I watched Kim Gravel & Jane T. the other day & they gave all their attention & praise to Pam - leaving Katia in the back ground & not much notice given to her until Pam had to leave for another show. This is no offense to Pam because I think she's great. Just an impartial observation.

Honored Contributor

Katia is beautiful and looks good in everything.  If I were a designer, I'd want her to be my top model too.

Esteemed Contributor

Another Susan Graver favorite is Brenda.

Respected Contributor

@qbetzforreal    I forgot about Brenda, she is such a classy lady.  Beautiful and graceful are the vibes I get. Cat Happy

Trusted Contributor

@DJs mom wrote:

Katia is also a singer. I've heard the hosts and SG mention her album and her lovely voice. She also was a high-end New York runway model. I forget what designer she modeled for. Someone posted a pic of her on the runway with said designer a few years ago.

@DJs mom  I remember Katia from her early years modeling for Randolph Duke on HSN.

Honored Contributor

@Effie54 wrote:

Off topic.... What happened to the model Maria? She was on a few years ago.

@Effie54  Which Maria?  The dark haired Maria that modeled plus sizes, especially for Quacker Factory (and Louis Dell'Olio when he was still on QVC) is semi-retired.  That's according to Angel of QF just this week when Maria's name came up.  Perhaps she'll appear on rare occasions.

Then there was the blond Maria (I think she modeled size Small for QVC).  I haven't seen her in a long time either.