Honored Contributor

Re: Strange email from Q about Refund

Is it a ""glitch"" or is it spam?

I hope nobody hits reply to that email.

This website is horrible.

Super Contributor

I got one too.

My issue with it is that it says "Dear QVC Shopper", rather than "Dear Clover", which their legit emails always say. Anytime an email doesn't give my real name, and calls me "Dear Customer", that's a huge red flag for it being a scam.

I checked the header and the sender address looked exactly like the legit ones, but the lack of a personal greeting did spook me.

Regular Contributor

I just got this email too. How much more messed up can this company get?????

Honored Contributor

On 10/27/2014 Clover29 said:

I got one too.

My issue with it is that it says "Dear QVC Shopper", rather than "Dear Clover", which their legit emails always say. Anytime an email doesn't give my real name, and calls me "Dear Customer", that's a huge red flag for it being a scam.

I checked the header and the sender address looked exactly like the legit ones, but the lack of a personal greeting did spook me.

That's a big flag IMO, good catch.

I don't understand why the Q can't put a header or something on this site, notifying customers they are aware of it. {#emotions_dlg.blink}

Occasional Contributor

I received the same email about the tree. I sent it to customer service, the real one. I wasn't about to reply to the one on the email.

Honored Contributor

On 10/27/2014 Clover29 said:

I got one too.

Yeah, that was what worried me right away - my name was not in the email and there was no order number or any other more specific info.

After I made sure there was no suspicious order on my account I still felt compelled to call them so I was really put at ease to know it wasn't any kind of hack.

They have more problems here than any other retailer with which I've ever done business.

Super Contributor

I called QVC's customer service number listed online and they have a recording saying it was sent in error. I also received another email saying it was sent in error. Just like they say to do when you get a credit card scam alert, always call the number on the back of the card or in this case, the number they have online as their CS number.

Super Contributor

Hey ! My aunt just got the same thing this afternoon in her email ! Exactly the same message ! She didn't even know what a Kringle Express Christmas Tree was and was very upset that this was charged to her account. Later she received an email saying it would be refunded.

She's very nervous that someone was ""using"" her QVC account. I had to sit with her over an hour and try to explain it and calm her down.

Respected Contributor

On 10/27/2014 BonnieBelle said:

I called QVC's customer service number listed online and they have a recording saying it was sent in error. I also received another email saying it was sent in error. Just like they say to do when you get a credit card scam alert, always call the number on the back of the card or in this case, the number they have online as their CS number.

Same here.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*