Valued Contributor

Stop the impulse buy when we are told “not many left-it’s gonna sell out! Hype

I was watching Courtney K. (Adore her and her whole presence) on Saturday I think and she was wearing the cutest outfit but that girl can wear ANYTHING and ANY COLOR and be slamming! She was wearing Denim and Co. Naturals A379082 in Neutral. Of course, they are told to push the "fact" that it is getting ready to sell out and that color is going fast and order now and all sizes are limited, etc. etc. Well, I checked today and lo and behold, that color is available in ALL sizes except Small, which can be waitlisted. If shoppers refused to buy under pressure, maybe some of these prices would come down.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Stop the impulse buy when we are told “not many left-it’s gonna sell out! Hype

It gets worse...I got a pop up message that basically said hurry up and complete my purchase of an item in my cart because x number of people also had this item in their cart and it was limited in quantity.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Valued Contributor

Re: Stop the impulse buy when we are told “not many left-it’s gonna sell out! Hype

@MamaWick Those are annoying...they make me NOT want to buy. Which I don't anymore. Too much of everything lately. If I tune in its only when Courtey K is on. I like her best alone. I think a certain host is a bit jealous of her and tries too hard when they are together. That I won't watch.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Styleovertrend  I am never goaded into buying anything using that method.

I purchase what I wish and when I wish, not when a TV sales person thinks I should!!

Honored Contributor

Anyone who impulse buys needs no encouragement and will buy no matter what!  If I want something and know I will eventually buy it but will wait until the next month then if it might sell out I will purchase it then so I won't be disappointed when I do go to purchase it.  It may actually be selling out since they still allow check orders and so many here have stated they use that to hold an item while deciding whether they want an item then they cancel the next day which frees up quantities.

Honored Contributor

A tactic to get you to buy an item --- right now!  Not me --- if I want something or need something I will buy it.  My decision is never based on someone saying something like this.  I figure if it does sell out --- I wasn't meant to have it and something else will come along!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

These sales tactics dont work on me, in fact they are a big "TURN OFF".....I do my own thinking and then make my own decision and whether it's a SALE or NO SALE!!!  

See the source image

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”