Honored Contributor

Re: Stop telling me where I can wear items!!!!

@Tinkrbl44 

You won't find me streaming either!!

I agree, we don't have to all jump on board with the 'newest' tech they come up with!

I will drive my SUV til I die cuz it has a CD player!   LOL  

I don't do apps, I don't have music on my phone.

NO reason to force every one to streaming.

New Contributor

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Qvcmeow wrote:
The hosts have to have *some* banter, or no one would watch. I don't want colors,
measurements, etc played on a loop. Boring,

As @Group 5 minus 1  just stated - shorter presentations.  A little banter with product information and then move on to another product.  Cut the family talk and show another product instead. 

Respected Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@Qvcmeow wrote:
The hosts have to have *some* banter, or no one would watch. I don't want colors,

As @Group 5 minus 1  just stated - shorter presentations.  A little banter with product information and then move on to another product.  Cut the family talk and show another product instead. 

There is nothing wrong with a little banter if it pertains to the product that is being sold.  I don't understand how bringing up family stories has anything to do with the products.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RespectLife  I don't even know what streaming is Smiley LOL.  I love CD players and I'm into older technology- I work out to 80's exercise VHS tapes.  Stick to your principles, RespectLife! There's nothing wrong with using technology that you like Smiley Happy.

Honored Contributor

@SportyShorty07 wrote:

@RespectLife  I don't evn know what streaming is Smiley LOL.  I love CD players and I'm into older technology- I work out to 80's exercise VHS tapes.  Stick to your principles, RespectLife! There's nothing wrong with using technology that you like Smiley Happy.

@SportyShorty07 

ha ha!

Once I learn something, I can do it, sometimes...but setting up is a nightmare!  I have no idea what they want me to do half the time!!

I got Paramount+ for free w/ my Walmart + and it took 3 of us the get it going!

My DD is darn good at tech and even she had a hard time!

Now I don't remember what to press when to get it all going!  And now there is yet another remote!!

I am a dino.....

Respected Contributor

@RespectLife  I can totally relate to learning a new type of technology and having set up be a nightmare! I had the hardest time trying to figure out and set up dating apps a few years ago on my phone because I had to create a Facebook account and I had to figure out how to upload pictures to the dating apps from my phone.  I had a flip phone until I was 30 and I got an iphone 5 and I've had that same iphone 5 for  five years now because I don't want to have to learn how to use a new phone.  My little sister had to teach me how to text and use emojis and my big sister and little sister had to teach me how to use our  group chat function on my text messages.  

It's funny, my two sisters and I are each 2 years apart in age, but they're with the times in terms of technology and I can't figure out new technology.  I can use the internet, send emails, shop online, post on forums and even use online banking, but it took a little while to learn that.  Paramount Plus is confusing!! Smiley Very Happy  

Esteemed Contributor

@bargainsgirl wrote:

@fairydogmother wrote:

...and yet again...ppl watching a sales channel, complaining about sales tactics. Sigh

Yes indeed.  Aren't forums for voicing an opinion?

They are, which is exactly what both the op and @SingingLady did

Regular Contributor

The entire experience is pretty boring.  Every time I put the Q on all I see is Kim Gravel, Susan Graver and Barefoot Dreams.  KG and SG are competing to see which of them is more self absorbed and self agrandizing and Barefoot Dreams are overpriced garments which are not particularly attractive.  

When I see those three I just move along.  I know I am not the demographic they are trying to appeal to, but I am the demographic who is their shopper and I find myself shopping less and less.  Their prices are high, you make one purchase and your bill is up $100 and then some.    And then when you make a monthly installment, the interest rate is so high, your payment almost doesn't count.  I realize this is a sign of the times but I no longer shop there unless it's a need and not just a want.

Honored Contributor

@lgfan wrote:

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@Qvcmeow wrote:

There is nothing wrong with a little banter if it pertains to the product that is being sold.  I don't understand how bringing up family stories has anything to do with the products.  

@lgfan 

Some people watch QVC presentations for the products being offered ... and some people think the QVC hosts are their "friends" and they probably watch for the company of their friends.

I guess that's why some people nearly lost their minds when Carolyn and what's his name were laid off.   

All those posts basically said HOW DARE YOU FIRE MY FRIENDS?