Respected Contributor

Re: Stop telling me where I can wear items!!!!

@spiderw wrote:

All of the hosts selling points are their job as sales people.  As tired and repetitive as those points are, this is how it is when you are trying to sell something.  Nothing negative will ever be said about any item which in itself  speaks volumes.  The hosts do not influence my decision to buy, that is my decision based on what I like and can afford.  I also watch much less of the Q and enjoy being out and about in stores where the salespeople say, if you need any help let me know. and there are always salespeople to help. 

What salespeople in stores are walking around anymore?  Not where I live or shop. They never came back after Covid to department stores.

Respected Contributor

I always laugh and smile at some of the different recommendations they come up with- when Shawn was wearing the christmas onesie footie pajamas, she said she could tuck them into her Koolaburra boots and run into a gas station! Smiley LOL I still find myself randomly laughing about that sometimes! I'll give these hosts credit, they're a lot of fun for me to watch everyday and they never run out of ideas of where to wear different things. Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@Commoner Exec Mr Wilkes wrote:

This is why Qurate should just ditch and abandon broadcasting completely,  as no one is satisfied,  and dedicate all resources to an online presence supplemented with streaming and social media platforms. 

Broadcast is an extremely dated mode of communication. 

Linear broadcast is dead!  Long live modern streaming!

This would make me sad as I enjoy watching the items presented and seeing clothes modeled.  I'm old school and not into the streaming.  I don't want to live in front of a computer screen.  Just my opinion.

Honored Contributor

@Catch71 wrote:

@spiderw wrote:

All of the hosts selling points are their job as sales people.  As tired and repetitive as those points are, this is how it is when you are trying to sell something.  Nothing negative will ever be said about any item which in itself  speaks volumes.  The hosts do not influence my decision to buy, that is my decision based on what I like and can afford.  I also watch much less of the Q and enjoy being out and about in stores where the salespeople say, if you need any help let me know. and there are always salespeople to help. 

What salespeople in stores are walking around anymore?  Not where I live or shop. They never came back after Covid to department stores.

LOL !!

I totally agree!

You can NOT find an associate in a B&M store these days to check out, let alone help you with anything!!!!!

They were not there B4 Covid!!

Honored Contributor

If the hosts were to spend all their time telling us  the details I could read for myself online, I'd just stop watching and read the website once in a while.

I know even when they give the numbers there are too many for me to remember enough of them to be helpful for me.   I already do nearly all my clothes shopping in local stres becuse finding a fit almost always means I need to try more than one size or, as a Nordstrom SA once teaught me, sometimes I try 2 items marked the same size and look for the minor differences that matter to me.  

In the meantime, a quick look at a shopping channel during a commercial elsewhere sometimes teaches me something I can use.

Respected Contributor

Do folks not realize that you can stream on your television?

It solves all your pesky problems and dilemmas.

Watch only what you want to watch and watch it only when you want to see it.

The absolute perfect solution to avoid what you do not like.  See only the brands you love when you are ready to love them!  Who doesn't want that!

Respected Contributor

Found blowing around in the QVC parking lot.....

List of "Quick Tips" for new (and old) hosts...

.Before you advise the viewers where they can "Style" or "Rock" this stuff.....

For clothes....stick to basics for sizing....Baggy, Baggier, Baggiest....Short, Too Short...Skin Tight,  accentuates your dromedary-toe, or "forget it...you're too old for this".....

For material ( which you sure DON'T want to repeat for every item shown...) Polyester.

Wigs...Polyester

Shackets,Coatigans, "Vegan" purses ( whatever that is!!!)....Sherpa or Polyester.

For shoes....Othopedic or polyester faux fur lining!!!.(petting optional).

Makeuip..... say it ALL "drinks into your skin",   and does NOT have the following long list of chemicals in it ( but  never lis the many many many many chemicals that ARE in it....that of course get "drunk in" with the good stuff....) and show the same tired old lady photos of jowls, "11 lines" or sagging deeply wrinkled necks, cheeks and underarms ( where I  personally ALWAYS look first on old women to see if thier Glop-Du-Jour has been totally "drunken in"......!!!!)

For anything other than clothing.....they can decide in the one second they first see it whether they want it or not....So sprinkle in cutesie baby talk "Made Up" words....Shacket, Coatigan, Shooties, slippies, and call the more expensive stuff "she"...women customers eat that up!!!!

And if they STILL can't decide, there's petting, puddling, cooking the same tired Short Ribs, macaroni and cheese, highly processed special cow cuts, in 1000 different types of pans ( Here's a hint...it'll cook up great in ANYTHING....ask your Mom)....all of which are, of course, Extraordinary!!!! ( Use this word at LEAST 1000 times per show...make sure they get it!!!

Any other item....are there any other items?

Punctuate with hilarious shrill laughter,  inane banter, daugther stories, happiest place on earth references, and don't forget to remind your customers how MANY of this item YOU own!!!

Gosh I love QVC!!!

Honored Contributor

@bargainsgirl. Sounds like you need to join the "watch on mute" crowd.  8 find it most enjoyable with some nice music, or change your viewing habits.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@lgfan wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

So you want an automated voice to go over sizes, measurements, fabric content, price, shipping, etc.  Over and over and over.

I keep hearing what hosts should not talk about. If it annoys you, turn off the sound and review the information on your computer over and over.  Or make suggestions about acceptable topics because people rarely do that.  It would be helpful.  

I don't know if you are addressing my response but yes I do want the hosts to go over sizes, measurements, etc.  It is their jobs as hosts to give this information.  I already know where to wear clothing items.  I don't know how that information is more relevant than giving item measurements.

@lgfan I don't understand you complaint then.  That information is ALL on your computer.  Nobody would listen to that over and over and over.  Just shop online.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sooner wrote:

@lgfan wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

So you want an automated voice to go over sizes, measurements, fabric content, price, shipping, etc.  Over and over and over.

I keep hearing what hosts should not talk about. If it annoys you, turn off the sound and review the information on your computer over and over.  Or make suggestions about acceptable topics because people rarely do that.  It would be helpful.  

I don't know if you are addressing my response but yes I do want the hosts to go over sizes, measurements, etc.  It is their jobs as hosts to give this information.  I already know where to wear clothing items.  I don't know how that information is more relevant than giving item measurements.

@lgfan I don't understand you complaint then.  That information is ALL on your computer.  Nobody would listen to that over and over and over.  Just shop online.

People wouldn't listen to pertinent information over and over again but they would listen to nonsense over and over again.  Yes, that makes sense.