Contributor

Stop scaring people about "food shortages"

I've been with QVC from the beginning - and this is my first blog post.  I realize times are tough, and the hosts are under pressure to sell - but I am completely fed up with hosts during the food shows - which used to be my hands down favorite - urging people to buy because of shortages at the grocery store.  I realize certain food items are hard to come by - but during gourmet holiday this afternoon, the host tried to sell st clair mac and cheese by claiming that grocery stores are out of pasta.  Seriously???  QVC should make her apologize on air - and should be ashamed if they don't.

Respected Contributor

Re: Stop scaring people about "food shortages"

Have you been to a grocery store. The pasta aisle shelves are empty.

Honored Contributor

There is definitely a pasta shortage in my store.  There is some regular pasta, but the whole wheat variety, my favorite , has been cleaned out for weeks. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@CLHS68 wrote:

Have you been to a grocery store. The pasta aisle shelves are empty.

@CLHS68  Here also. Pasta is a shelf staple to have in the home for emergencies such as a food shortage. Keeps forever.

Respected Contributor

@CLHS68  Plenty of pasta in my store though may not be the case everywhere. And have you seen what they charge for that skimpy container of St. Clair mac & cheese? The price of those "sides" is outrageous!

Respected Contributor

Still no flour in the one store I go to ....

Honored Contributor

If you're looking for the blogs, you landed in the wrong place.  This is just a board and the hosts are not allowed to participate here.    HTH  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

And yes they do have meat.. but the meat counter is not

jammed .....so they could easily run out ....

Honored Contributor

I haven't noticed a pasta shortage in my store.  Yeast and flour shortage, yes.  Paper towels is kinda funny.  My favorite brand I can only get in a jumbo package rather than the 2-pack I normally buy.  Some cleaning supplies are in short supply, but I haven't checked on hand sanitizer since I don't use it (and keep finding mini's around the house).  There's plenty of veggies, so in a pinch you could spiralize some veggies for a pasta substitute.  

While I do like the St Clair dishes, I do find them overpriced, but worth it for me but only for Thanksgiving/Christmas to cut down on the work involved.  

Contributor

Absolutely - prices are outrageous.  And despite what some of these posts say, pasta is readily available online if not locally.