Respected Contributor

Re: Stop scaring people about "food shortages"

I live in Chicago.  My chain grocery store has everything.

Contributor

Have you looked on-line if you cant get it locally?  I have had no trouble at all.

Honored Contributor

@Jake1316 wrote:

Absolutely - prices are outrageous.  And despite what some of these posts say, pasta is readily available online if not locally.

@Jake1316   You asked posters about shortages of pasta in their grocery stores. That is the question posters answered. You didn't ask any questions about purchasing online. 

Respected Contributor

at local Chain grocery this a.m. very little pasta shelves almost bare, no rice, no dried beans,, haven't seen toilet paper for eight weeks plus, no chicken.  They do have frozen chicken, and roasted chicken hot, but the section that holds the uncooked chicken was empty.  Also the fresh vegetable area was really low on salads, greens, etc.

Costco last week, no fresh chicken, only frozen and hot roasted. 

no TP and towels. 

I am in VA.

Respected Contributor

@Jake1316 wrote:

I've been with QVC from the beginning - and this is my first blog post.  I realize times are tough, and the hosts are under pressure to sell - but I am completely fed up with hosts during the food shows - which used to be my hands down favorite - urging people to buy because of shortages at the grocery store.  I realize certain food items are hard to come by - but during gourmet holiday this afternoon, the host tried to sell st clair mac and cheese by claiming that grocery stores are out of pasta.  Seriously???  QVC should make her apologize on air - and should be ashamed if they don't.

The stores in my area have very little pasta.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ - And isn't it interesting that the OP is now encouraging people to buy online if there are food shortages in their local stores? That's pretty much what she's reprimanding QVC for doing...

Respected Contributor

@Jake1316 wrote:

Absolutely - prices are outrageous.  And despite what some of these posts say, pasta is readily available online if not locally.

"Despite what we say"? All we can tell you is what we see around the country.

I am in Virginia and as I posted earlier there are plenty of shortages. It's a little startling to go into a grocery store and discover there is no fresh chicken.  Also no fresh chicken at Costco.

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ - And isn't it interesting that the OP is now encouraging people to buy online if there are food shortages in their local stores? That's pretty much what she's reprimanding QVC for doing...

@loriqvc  I know! LOL. I almost posted exactly what you said! 

Respected Contributor

What gripes me is when displaying the food they put it in these nice serving casserole dishes making it look like you get a lot more than you do.  I bought these once and when I got it home was taken aback at such a little container of mac & cheese for $60!  I was like  "Say what?"

Trusted Contributor

plenty of pasta where I live.  Actually the only things I have found to be in limited supply are rice and canned soup.