Super Contributor

Re: Stop saying the vendors are at their home

I know that these kitchens cooks (Tara) are not at their homes.  They are saying this just like they say they own everything they are pedaling.

Super Contributor

It's just me but I don't like the skyping with the vendors. I've found I just don't enjoy QVC as much anymore and rarely watch. Maybe when this pandemic is over I may come back, who know though

Respected Contributor

This is really sad, and why I seldom post anymore.

I personally don't care where vendors are speaking from, although I have found it sort of awkward.  But I understand it.

Someone posts their OPINION, which everyone is entitled to, and mostly gets chastised for it.  This is called "Q Talk," and she is making an observation about "Q."

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

@hyacinth003 wrote:

I personally don't care where vendors are speaking from, although I have found it sort of awkward.  But I understand it.

Someone posts their OPINION, which everyone is entitled to, and mostly gets chastised for it.  This is called "Q Talk," and she is making an observation about "Q."

Hyacinth

@hyacinth003  And so are the other posters entitled to post their opinion. So everyone has to agree with the op? She brought up the subject and the boards are for everyone to voice their opinion even if it is different.  You have posted different opinions than an op many times. Or does that not count?

Honored Contributor

@January121 wrote:

I personally don’t care where they are 🥰

Not only do I not care where they are, I really don't care what they're saying either.  Honestly, most of what is presented does not need a vendor explanation.  Let's think Susan Graver (whom I sure is a wonderful lady).... but good grief, after 30 years... we know.... we know already.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@hyacinth003 wrote:

Hyacinth

@hyacinth003  And so are the other posters entitled to post their opinion. So everyone has to agree with the op? She brought up the subject and the boards are for everyone to voice their opinion even if it is different.  You have posted different opinions than an op many times. Or does that not count?

No @proudlyfromNJ they are not posting a different opinion they are bullies, and they are trying to intimate the op. When educated people disagree they simply state they do not agree,  and state why. There is no need to say she must have nothing better to do, or that there are more important things to worry about etc....

@hyacinth003 I agree with you, so the answer they can only bully if you let them. Keep posting your thoughts, observations and opinions. Never go back and defend yourself you dont have to.

Respected Contributor

@foodie105 wrote:
So David today said Ralph Pallerino was live from his home when in past videos his kitchen was completely different. Today he was at a very high end kitchen that I recognized from another female vendor who was giving a presentation from "her kitchen". I remembered it because I loved the dark gray walls. I know there are spots now that multiple vendors are going to for their presentations. I've noticed this many times with other vendors. Stop saying it's their home when it isn't. Why? What is the purpose of lying?

@foodie105   I don't understand the purpose of your post.  Nobody cares whose kitchen it is, except you...  good grief.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

QVC has another studio ---its a house where they do some shows from..... You can tell when vendors share it for shows where they Skype for social distancing since you see the same decor in the home....Other times it IS at the vendor's home because of where the vendor's live.... I think the OP's problem would be solved if the host just said..."joining us on Skype"....and leave it at that

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

I never thought they were. I thought it was a scam!

I don't see how this could possibly be perceived as a scam.  No one is being cheated out of money if the location is not exactly as stated!  (And no one here knows for sure if they're actually at home or not.  But it's not a scam either way.)

Honored Contributor

This is the last thing I would be concerned about in 2020.  This has been a year from he!! and this kind of minutia doesn't even register on my radar.  Try living through a natural disaster on top of covid, and then there would be something to be concerned about.