Contributor

Stop saying the vendors are at their home

So David today said Ralph Pallerino was live from his home when in past videos his kitchen was completely different. Today he was at a very high end kitchen that I recognized from another female vendor who was giving a presentation from "her kitchen". I remembered it because I loved the dark gray walls. I know there are spots now that multiple vendors are going to for their presentations. I've noticed this many times with other vendors. Stop saying it's their home when it isn't. Why? What is the purpose of lying?
Frequent Contributor

Re: Stop saying the vendors are at their home

Geez. Stop taking everything so personally. Everyone is doing the best they can -- just like they were pre-covid.  Maybe with 5 voices in his ear he wasn't thinking when he was talking, or he misheard them, or maybe it was a set but he forgot which vendor was where, or the notes were wrong. Or maybe two folks have kitchens that look alike or maybe they live in the same house (married couple who present for different vendors), or ??? There is no boogeyman out to get everyone by "lying".  Just relax and enjoy the Q or don't and turn the channel.

Respected Contributor

If the models can socially distance, why can't the vendors?  

Honored Contributor

@foodie105 

Good grief! 

What difference does it make where the vendors are skyping from, seriously!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@foodie105 OH for pete's sake. You must be bored senseless to be so petty about something like this.

Who cares where the vendors are?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Catch71 wrote:

@Catch71   The problem is many vendors live a plane ride away. That involves getting to airport, all the stuff to do to even get on a plane and who knows if you'll be on a full plane with a bunch of strangers. Etc.etc. I wouldn't get on a plane anytime soon.

Honored Contributor

Where would they be if not in their home?  In another part of the studio?

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Catch71 wrote:

@Catch71   The problem is many vendors live a plane ride away. That involves getting to airport, all the stuff to do to even get on a plane and who knows if you'll be on a full plane with a bunch of strangers. Etc.etc. I wouldn't get on a plane anytime soon.

Not only that, but there are many people at QVC that deal with the vendors when they're there.  It would be difficult to have several vendors, all their own people, and all the QVC people needed to get them on air and off milling around at the same time.  Also, dressing rooms needing to be sanitized constantly.  Many also stay at hotels nearby too, which they might not want to do right now.  And how many might be coming from a 'hot spot'?  QVC doesn't have all their own employees in the building now, let alone bringing in outsiders.

The list of reasons goes on and on.  It's just too complicated right now.

Respected Contributor

I think she's trying to say that it comes across as bragging when they say they're at their own home when they are (possibly) borrowing someone else's pretty set.  Maybe they could just say "Susan is now joining us from a remote location" instead of saying they're at their home.  

Esteemed Contributor

I personally don’t care where they are 🥰