Regular Contributor

Still in disbelief with Qvc's shipping method,,,,

So ordered 7 CHERIE soaps. Each soap was 5 oz. Paid 16.00 each plus 3.00 each for shipping for a total ship of 21.00. Guess how I received each of these Tiny soaps?? They came in 7 individual boxes!! Not small boxes either. ..I opened the soaps and the quality and the tiny size was Osorio not worth the price. Packed these soaps up and they ALL fit in small box!! Q label return was 6.95. WHAT DOES THIS SAY ABOUT QVC AND THE OUTRAGEOUS SHIPPING CHARGES, PLUS SHIPPING THESE ALL SEPARATE?
Honored Contributor

Re: Still in disbelief with Qvc's shipping method,,,,

They appear wasteful in their shipping.  It's nothing I can control if I chose to buy more than one, so I don't worry about it.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think if you used the Q label to ship them back, even in one box, you will still have to pay return shipping charge for each soap. You have to use your own label and pay for shipping to use one box. At  least that has been my experience.Smiley Sad

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Regular Contributor

No..customer service said five oz each would cover the 6.95 label fee...for the seven...
Esteemed Contributor

Watch your refund amount, I once returned 3 items in the same box because like you I ordered all in the same order and they shipped in 3 boxes, but QVC only credited me for 1 item instead of the 3, I called CS and explained what happened they did give me credit with no hassle, but it did take another 5 business days, so be careful!

Respected Contributor

Sorry your purchase was disappointing, but you did know the shipping fee was $21 when you placed your order, right?  Yes shipping 7 soaps in 7 boxes is wasteful.  

We can let QVC know we prefer grouping shipments in one box, but we can't force them to do it.  What we can do is not place orders if shipping too high and look elsewhere to shop. 

Trusted Contributor

Their process is successful that they rarely mess up. It does happen, but hardly ever.

Trusted Contributor

The funny thing is if they had shipped them all in one box, people would complain about that.  There was a post just like that within the past week.

How QVC determines shipping, we do not know, and although many people here discuss it all the time as if they had some sort of knowledge, the fact is that it is simply speculation.

When you buy an item, you know the price of the item, the cost to ship it to you, and frequently the weight.  At that point, you decide whether to purchase it or not.  Whether QVC sends the items in one box or multiple boxes should not mater.

Quiote rankly, when I see posts like this, it speaks more of buyer's remorse moreso than an legitimate critique of QVC.

Esteemed Contributor

It's unfortunate, but that is QVC's shipping policy and you went in knowing that it would cost that much to ship. At least it's clearly noted - I've purchased on other websites and ended up being shocked at the eventual shipping costs!

In the future, I would recommend googling to see if there is another vendor that sells the same item, particularly for such a low cost item. Unless it's a proprietary line, there usually are.
Regular Contributor

kytoby:  I swear all you do is write negative things about everyones comments on here..   i know what i was paying for shipping. MY POINT IS QVC DOES CHARGE EXCESSIVE SHIPPING WHEN YOU CAN SEND THE ITEMS BACK FOR MUCH MUCH LESS. l

LESSON LEARNED BY ME OF COURSE. I  am not a kid that doesn't know right from wrong!  When you get an item for that much money, you expect good quality. These were not. EXPENSIVE TO RETURN IS ALL I'M SAYING