Trusted Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

I haven't seen him yet, and I have only seen Monifa a few times. I say give them some time, that job is not as easy as it looks, and it will take some time to find their niche...I think if we saw some of the "old time" hosts now, and saw their videos from their 1st few shows, they would look similar...

Monifa is so much better than when she first started.  It's like you said, the new hosts have to find their niche.  I can't imagine talking about an item for at least 10 minutes.  So I give them a lot of credit!

Contributor
@Spurt Agree 100%. Watching Monifa with Valerie right now. Loud. Constantly interrupts Val with trivial info - so rude. Val can't finish a thought. Unwatchable. Of the newbies, Vanessa does a really nice job with Valerie.
Honored Contributor

Re: Steve Doss new host

[ Edited ]

@Qshopper1991 wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

I haven't seen him yet, and I have only seen Monifa a few times. I say give them some time, that job is not as easy as it looks, and it will take some time to find their niche...I think if we saw some of the "old time" hosts now, and saw their videos from their 1st few shows, they would look similar...

Monifa is so much better than when she first started.  It's like you said, the new hosts have to find their niche.  I can't imagine talking about an item for at least 10 minutes.  So I give them a lot of credit!

If they dont like talking about products or they find it difficult to do so then maybe a QVC job as a SALES PERSON isnt for them.....And they get paid rather nicely too, so I dont feel they are being overburdened nor

over worked when they are asked to talk about each item for 10 minutes--thats the job!. ......Yep I agree, everyone needs to find a certain career niche that fits their talents and abilities....a QVC host job is not for everyone....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

You don't like him trying on the women's coats for fit?  

Oh please!  You've seen Rick try on women's rings for decades in jewelry shows, and you're still here watching & shopping. 

He's trying to show context of how it will look for the shopper's benefit, and not just hanging on a hanger.  Or in Rick's case, a hand and not just a ring form. 

Alberti tries on women's ponchos and sherpa capes, and crossbody bags anytime they're in his shows.  You're still here.

Honored Contributor

Re: Steve Doss new host

[ Edited ]

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

You don't like him trying on the women's coats for fit?  

Oh please!  You've seen Rick try on women's rings for decades in jewelry shows, and you're still here watching & shopping. 

He's trying to show context of how it will look for the shopper's benefit, and not just hanging on a hanger.  Or in Rick's case, a hand and not just a ring form. 

Alberti tries on women's ponchos and sherpa capes, and crossbody bags anytime they're in his shows.  You're still here.

@Caaareful Shopper 

Ill never forget the time when suddenly a host scheduled for a show got sick and had to leave so Rick was the next host up so they had him host a Breezies Bra Show...He did a good job, and kept it on a classy level   too .....

I remember former QVC host, Dan Wheeler, saying back in the day, QVC had more male hosts than they do now and they did present a lot of women's fashions...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

A couple of weeks ago saw Alberti wearing a Turbie Twist on the Friday show with Amy, he cracks me up, but I love him.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is reposting a previously deleted topic