Honored Contributor

I haven't seen him yet, and I have only seen Monifa a few times. I say give them some time, that job is not as easy as it looks, and it will take some time to find their niche...I think if we saw some of the "old time" hosts now, and saw their videos from their 1st few shows, they would look similar...

Regular Contributor

We watched Steve on a few presentations and thought he was fine and seemed friendly. I enjoyed his online segment in which he made tacos as it was quite enjoyable.

Contributor
Monifa has greatly improved if you watch her now!!
Esteemed Contributor

Quarterlies continue South, and the Q seems to believe if they hire new hosts, pair two great hosts and give shows new cute names will solve their problems. Companies pay for customer suggestions that are right here, which the Q ignores. 

How many times would they read on this forum that everyone would like more and more hosts.

Honored Contributor

Re: Steve Doss new host

[ Edited ]

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

I haven't seen him yet, and I have only seen Monifa a few times. I say give them some time, that job is not as easy as it looks, and it will take some time to find their niche...I think if we saw some of the "old time" hosts now, and saw their videos from their 1st few shows, they would look similar...

@CANDLEQUEEN 

Monifa came in the same time as Vanessa Herring, Vanessa has really grown into her own and is pleasant to watch, she's calm, professional, knows her products and even has her own clothing show.....

On one fairly recent show Monifa was paired with Valerie Parr Hill and this show was difficult to watch, Monifa was loud and quite often interrupted Valerie when she was trying to provide product info and share some decorating ideas (and this was not to provide sales updates---it was silly unimportant comments).......NOT A GOOD SHOW AT ALL....Valerie's Shows are my favorite QVC Shows, but not with this co-host, perhaps it was a case of the duo just not having any chemistry together.......Valerie's best co-hosts are Jayne Brown, Mary Beth, and surprisingly Rick!!!! ...Vanessa was also good with Valerie....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Frequent Contributor

I'm not warming up to him.  Don't like any of the newbies that I've seen so far....not ready for prime time for differing reasons.  Their best hire is Terri Conn. Smart, articulate, not silly or cutesy.

Honored Contributor

@Flamom wrote:

I'm not warming up to him.  Don't like any of the newbies that I've seen so far....not ready for prime time for differing reasons.  Their best hire is Terri Conn. Smart, articulate, not silly or cutesy.

@Flamom 

I like Terri Conn very much too....she's been filling in as host on some of the early morning fashion shows and has done a terrific job!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN 

Monifa came in the same time as Vanessa Herring, Vanessa has really grown into her own and is pleasant to watch, she's calm, professional, knows her products and even has her own clothing show.....

On one fairly recent show Monifa was paired with Valerie Parr Hill and this show was difficult to watch, Monifa was loud and quite often interrupted Valerie when she was trying to provide product info and share some decorating ideas (and this was not to provide sales updates---it was silly unimportant comments).......NOT A GOOD SHOW AT ALL....Valerie's Shows are my favorite QVC Shows, but not with this co-host, perhaps it was a case of the duo just not having any chemistry together.......Valerie's best co-hosts are Jayne Brown, Mary Beth, and surprisingly Rick!!!! ...Vanessa was also good with Valerie....

@Spurt 

I totally agree.  I've happened to see her a few times lately and was pleasantly surprised how professional she has become.  She's calm and relaxed, cordial to the guests, and knows the products.  Much better than several of the long-time hosts.  

Frequent Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Flamom wrote:

@Flamom 

I like Terri Conn very much too....she's been filling in as host on some of the early morning fashion shows and has done a terrific job!

Terri Conn wouldn't be hired today.since she doesn't check a diversity box.

I find her strongest hosting area is fashion.

Respected Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN 

@Spurt  What you saw in Monifa is the way she works.  There are always huhuh, yes, um, these kind of constant, unnecessary comments, then the blatant interrupting with nothing valuable about the product. She is rude, loud and  pushy with vendors I have seen her working with...do not like, will not watch! Also distracting is the multi-colored nail art which does not help with any presentation since there are closeup camera shots of hands. Several other hosts are overdoing it with their nail coloring/art work...very clownish!