Occasional Contributor

Re: Stares of horror because I shop at QVC

Its quite amusing how most feel about clothing from the Q since 99.9% of all clothing sold in the states are manufactuered by the same sweat shops in China and other countries.  None of which, have any higher standards than the other.  It's all considered disposable clothing,  whehther is purchased from the Q or high end stores.  I find the quality of some  Q brands above most I find it stores, Joan Rivers and Quacker are the best made, with quality materials. true to size and seaming done well...I just wish Quacker would offer a less gimmicky line and offer their sense of quality to a more business causal  oreinted line. 

Super Contributor

My friends often admire my "stuff" and they all know I usually shop at QVC, HSN and Amazon. What's weird is that if they want something, they won't go online to look at it and order it. Instead they make me order it with my credit card and then they pay me cash!

Go figure...

Valued Contributor

@Pook wrote:

I was surprised that many still do equate QVC with old women buying dolls, knick knacks and conservative boxy shapeless clothing.  My SO's daughter was in awe of all the skincare and makeup brands I used and started checking out QVC online and buying and told many of her friends also.  Many of my co workers liked what I was wearing and all the things I bought so they started shopping the shopping channels.  I think if the shopping channels advertised more info about some of the products they have they could get  many much  younger customers - especially with the skincare and makeup lines.  

I tell everyone that asks, especially about makeup, that I no longer have to drive to the mall to pay Nordstrom prices! I get the identical product at QVC or HSN, either in a larger size, or with extras such as a $40 foundation brush, at no extra cost. And I actually had a sales gal at Sephora WHISPER to me that they can’t compete with QVC!! She said her mom gets everything there!  

Valued Contributor

I feel like the West Coast ambassador for home shopping channels. I’m more than happy and proud to share where I got something, and honestly, I’m asked a lot. Clothing, shoes and boots, housewares, decor. I shop all 3 channels, but buy the most from QVC. I’ve converted so many friends that now all I hear is, “Don’t tell me, QVC! Text me the item number.” 👍🏻📱

Honored Contributor

QVC was my mainstay during the 5 1/2 years I took care of my mom and worked 4days a week.

The “stares of horror” have no impact on my shopping habits. 

Honored Contributor

There's no stigma here shopping at home shopping channels.

Honored Contributor

Funny story and I think QVC owes me a commission, lol.  Before I retired I turned one of my coworkers on to Kathleen Kirkwood camisoles.  I went to work today to attend a gathering for another coworker who will be retiring next week.  I ran into the girl who ordered the camisoles and she said she's shopping QVC alot now.  In particular she's going nuts on Luminara candles.  

I'm working against the stigma, one person at a time Woman Wink

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

My son laughs at me ( even tho he makes out like a bandit) and hubby says “ Let me guess easy pay). No one else even bats an eye.  We have no debt with them so I feel pretty good about it. 

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*