Esteemed Contributor

Star Wars The Child Plush Toy

[ Edited ]

Does anyone watch The Mandalorian? Why won't Kerstin refer to this toy

7148577C-A290-401B-9404-3E49EB36516B.jpeg

by its popular name baby yoda, while alluding to it constantly in the presentation?  Other vendors do.  All are Disney trademarks...

Honored Contributor

Re: Star Wars The Child Plush Toy

Anxiously waiting for season 2.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

New Contributor

This character from Disney's The Mandalorian is not baby Yoda. It looks like the popular Star Wars character but only because it is the same species as Yoda. The second season of The Mandalorian takes place during the time around Empire Strikes Back so "the child" alien is not Yoda. I won't spoil season 2 with details but this is why Disney would prefer the character called by what it is on the show. The child.

Respected Contributor

Technically he is NOT Baby Yoda, but a different character (same species).  If consumers are mistaken, that does not mean Disney wants the doll sold under the wrong name.

I bought my doll of The Child at Target--a completely plush version which I adore instead of this one with the plastic head.

P.S. I do NOT watch the Mandalorian, and probably never will,--I just like the big eyes!

Respected Contributor

Don't listen to Kersten; this toy is available everywhere and cheaper.  Target has it for  $15.99.  It is not scarce.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Catch71 wrote:

Don't listen to Kersten; this toy is available everywhere and cheaper.  Target has it for  $15.99.  It is not scarce.

And she went on and on about how this was an investment.  "Buy 2, leave one in the box."  I was very surprised, I thought this was a no, no.  I was busy doing something and couldn't get to the remote to change the channel.  It was a very odd presentation.  Then again, I usually only watch fashions, shoes, handbags and cosmetics.  It was on after the end of AM Style, which I missed...

Respected Contributor

I bought one for my nephew's birthday, he is almost 40. Last time I saw him he mentioned that he liked The Mandalorian. Sort of a gag gift. I don't want to be wandering around stores looking for it during covid time.