Trusted Contributor

Re: Stacy Stouffer with David Dengel on QVC2

@Spurt  ..... I agree that Mary and David have good chemistry and work well together. I just don't know why you need 2 hosts. The other day David had her taking away the colored items that were sold out. Seems like a trivial task for someone that is suppose to be a co-host and that is paid the salary she is probably paid. 

I also like Stacy but I just do not feel her and David have the right chemistry.  If QVC has to pair 2 hosts together they need to make sure they not only have chemistry but they complement each other.

That being said, QVC might want to re-evaluate the show David has with Jane T. They may be friends but they are two different in their style of hosting (in my opinion) to work together. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sheila P-Burg wrote:

@Spurt  ..... I agree that Mary and David have good chemistry and work well together. I just don't know why you need 2 hosts. The other day David had her taking away the colored items that were sold out. Seems like a trivial task for someone that is suppose to be a co-host and that is paid the salary she is probably paid. 

I also like Stacy but I just do not feel her and David have the right chemistry.  If QVC has to pair 2 hosts together they need to make sure they not only have chemistry but they complement each other.

That being said, QVC might want to re-evaluate the show David has with Jane T. They may be friends but they are two different in their style of hosting (in my opinion) to work together. 

@Sheila P-Burg 

ITA and I think the social host is unnecessary unless its being used to gather info about what the  customers are thinking....

And YES....I'd be happy if they did away with FRI-YAY all together !!! Woman Tongue

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Regular Contributor

Stacy is one of my favorites as I find her personality and presentations very pleasant. Even though I don't have QVC2 on my cable, I made it a point to tune in on QVC's live feed to watch her former kitchen show on Monday evenings.

Honored Contributor

I have no problem with Stacy.  I do not find her loud at all nor do I find her loud.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt wrote:

QVC seems to hire people with high-pitched voices or nasal sounding voices.  SS's nasal voice is difficult to listen to....now she's turned up the volume, maybe someone told her to do this to create urgency and encourage sales, but for me it does just the opposite .....  it makes me watch something else and QVC a LOT less....

-------------

The nasal, loud, sharp tone of her voice makes it difficult for me to watch any show she presents.  Even if I turn the sound down, she just seems to be pushing the brassy sale too much .....

Meant to add...I often wonder if she speaks that way at home??

Contributor

I too watched and thought, "Why is she yelling the entire time?!"

im finding either I'm becoming less tolerant or most have a voice that is not that great for the job!