Honored Contributor

Earlier today Stacey posted on FB.  Guess she was "surprised" about her departure like the others.

Her video is quite nice and she has herself together! Not like Antonella who was a "mess"...

I wish Stacey much luck and if interested go to: Stacey Stauffer Page on FB.

Valued Contributor

@homedecor1 I disagree that Antonella was a mess. Both Stacey and Antonella said they had been crying with emotion due to the loss of their jobs. 

**empowered women empower women**

Honored Contributor

I don't get where you say Atonella N is a mess.

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1  I found Stacey's regular not QVC FB page and looked under video and elsewhere, couldn't find it? 

Honored Contributor

Her new Facebook page is Stacy Stauffer Page (at least for now).

Super Contributor

I did not know about Antonella  or Stacey who else was let go ..To be honest, I haven't been watching much ..thank you 

Honored Contributor

This place has hit a new LOW...

some posters are finding entertainment in others' job losses and debating who should have been axed instead or should be next

How INAPPROPRIATE and REPULSIVE! 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

I feel bad for all the hosts/employees that received their walking papers. We are in the middle of a Pandemic. I'm sure QVC will have to make more decisions since there will most likely be more coming.

Lots of people have already lost their jobs with more coming. When the Stimulus for Big Business ends in Sept a lot of other people will get their walking papers in Oct.

Lots of small business have already closed never to re-open.

It's going to get a lot worse before it gets better which will take years.

Honored Contributor

During the economic downturn in the late 80's, I knew 2 men from 2 totally different kinds of businesses each of whom went out to lunch one day and returned to find themselves locked out of their offices.  Both jobs gone just like that.  Both had beeemployed by big companies, both having been retained during previous downsizings, and they just never expected that end. 

Here's my question -  is it common that the employee is the last to know?  Are downsizings handled differently from firings for cause?

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

I feel bad for all the hosts/employees that received their walking papers. We are in the middle of a Pandemic. I'm sure QVC will have to make more decisions since there will most likely be more coming.

Lots of people have already lost their jobs with more coming. When the Stimulus for Big Business ends in Sept a lot of other people will get their walking papers in Oct.

Lots of small business have already closed never to re-open.

It's going to get a lot worse before it gets better which will take years.

I agree! No dispute about the severe economic distress. It's disheartening to see some of the comments and thread topics. 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri