Contributor

Re: St. Patrick's Day on the Q

I know what you mean.. I loved those old St. Pat' s celebrations too and miss them. It felt special and made you want to watch, and for QVC, hopefully buy. I also don't understand why we had no programming after 7pm for working folks. Those vendors are there to sell, not necessarily to socialize. Not sure I buy that explanation mentioned earlier. It must cost a fortune to ship the vendors and all the products over. More air time equals more sales, plus as someone else said, more variety of products. Many things lately seem like an afterthought or halfhearted efforts on QVC, almost like they assume the products will sell themselves (which I guess some do...). I think that philosophy with the PTB is why we never get a coupon or other incentives besides easy pay or the rare free shipping... Throw a few green vases and pillows in the set and that's it?? They used to have the set look like an Irish cottage with a bar and a live band. Do the items not sell as well as they used to because the presentations are boring? Not sure. HSN does a better job with set decorating by far, makes you want to watch. They even had the set decorated for Memorial Day. I also noticed another poster suggested having a day of products made in America. Great idea!!! Overall, I really do like QVC and appreciate not having to go to the stores as much, but over the years I just feel a shift in attitude towards us, the customers. I feel better after venting!! Smiley Happy
Contributor

Re: St. Patrick's Day on the Q

I was disappointed not to see any Galway crystal. When did QVC end that? It seems like all of the best of things are gone here. It's sad.