Honored Contributor

Re: Spinoff: What IS the focus of QVC now?

[ Edited ]

@KYToby As for comparing QVC to its UK counterpart, I think you are ignoring the obvious.  First, the countries have marked differences in culture ,so that is one thing.  Additionally, the audience is much smaller, and the differences in time zones is not different, meaning, there are not people turning in at 6 am at one end of the country while it is 9 pm at the other.

Lol, thank you for saying my culture (I'm English) is more civilized than yours as we apparently appreciate a more rational and calm sales pitch than Americans. *said tongue in cheek*  Must say though, when I'm there and happen to catch Mally or Chaz live on air, the difference between their US and UK persona is striking.

QVC UK is not live from 11pm to 6am, btw. The time zone comment, therefore, is irrelevant.

It is all about money, however, everyone is correct. Shame that hyper hosts, people yelling over each other during a presentation and showing the same old stuff all the time is what works.

Respected Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:
I don't think QVC lost its focus. They know exactly what they are doing and the audience they are targeting. They have changed since their inception, but what business hasn't.

LOL, if what all the constant complainers in here were true, they would have been out of business long ago.

I have no doubt that this board is but a drop in a bucket as far as deomographics are concerned.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

Ever notice how KYToby  posts once - usually some bomb to stir things up - and then never comes back to respond to the responses?  I have.  That's the sign of a ..... oh, I won't say it but it starts with a 't."   I'll just say if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's probably ..... "

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

Ever notice how KYToby  posts once - usually some bomb to stir things up - and then never comes back to respond to the responses?  I have.  That's the sign of a ..... oh, I won't say it but it starts with a 't."   I'll just say if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's probably ..... "

Not even being close to a troll.  Over enthusiastic maybe.   So you're ok if you come back and repeat the same thing over and over?      That's called being redundant, and yes I know I'm guilty.   

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

@debic wrote:

So you're ok if you come back and repeat the same thing over and over?      That's called being redundant, and yes I know I'm guilty.   

@debic  HUH?  I have no idea how you "get" that from my post.  I posted "never readponds to"  --- how is that repeating the same thing over and over?   Interesting "conclusion" you reached. 

Respected Contributor

I think there are items that all age groups have an interest in purchasing and comparison shopping. I know people of many ages that shop online about exclusivley.

As to "granny clothing" we must ask do we want 'granny' to walk around not clothed ? Smiley Happy

Personally , I enjoy having a choice on kitchen items and some clothing lines that offer color choices that just cannot be found other places . Especially if the prices are equal which they often are .

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee

I have noticed that the two of you seem to be at odds with each other. (LOL)

I would not call her/him a troll. The person just seems to be very enthusiastic about her/his defense of QVC. Perhaps that person feels when they make their comment that they have stated all that they have to say and, end of story. There are other people on this site that are just as fierce in criticizing QVC.

It all balances out in the end.

Esteemed Contributor

To answer the original post question, I do not know what QVC's focus is now. When I first began watching shopping television, everything was new and exciting. That is no longer true. Worse, the idea of promoting creative and innovative products disappeared long ago. I no longer watch QVC very much. I check online. They have decided to offer their own lines which are unappealing and overpriced...sad but true.

Honored Contributor

... and speaking of hot air.

Woman Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

I wish the hosts were calmer, too. Alberti was on with Doris Dalton and they were both excited interrupting each other (mostly Doris repeating herself) and rushing & speed talking. I could understand them, but It was on late at night and not relaxing at all, which I'd prefer to wind down with. I mss Lisa Mason's style.