Honored Contributor

I imagine it also more evenly distributes the salt and whatever coating is on the nuts.

Honored Contributor

It's for presentation -  rotating the can or jar is more likely to mix the nuts from the way they settled in the container than just dumping them would. 

Doesn't matter all that much in our own homes -  but if I'm likely to care about how my dish of mixed nuts looks I stir them a bit --  rotating would also work. 

Respected Contributor

@Queen of shop wrote:

@PatsShoes  Your post made me giggle. I dump my nuts like a Philistine too.Woman LOL

The best nuts are Squirrel Brand,Brown Butter Cachews. We don't put them in bowls, we eat them out of a can. We prefer the Plilistine Way. I was amused at this too. But rolling the can or tirning it upside down , makes the bigger nuts come to the top. That's what I do.

Regular Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

It's for presentation -  rotating the can or jar is more likely to mix the nuts from the way they settled in the container than just dumping them would. 

Doesn't matter all that much in our own homes -  but if I'm likely to care about how my dish of mixed nuts looks I stir them a bit --  rotating would also work. 

I must say you guys are all very bright and have given great reasons for the spinning pour that I never thought of!

I don't care for nuts myself; I used to only put them out for company. I don't have company over very often anymore, but if I were in the market for nuts I would give these a try as they look delicious! Might even dispense with a hypnotic slow roll just to do things in a more professional manner....

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

They use the twirl method because it makes for conversation on the community forums.  Now someone will go look and maybe buy.

@Kachina624 Yes this did cost me money thank you very much!

I love raspberries.  I can't get enough of them.  SO, I went to look and what do I see?  Raspberry flavored pieces in a nut mix!  I am on waitlist, but they looked good.  May cancel now.  Having fresh berries for breakfast with my cereal!  Woman Embarassed

Honored Contributor

Re: Spinning Cans of Nuts

[ Edited ]

Spin them, dump them or eat out of the can....the Squirrel Brand Nuts are delicious!!!  Favorite....Brown buttered cashews...addictive!  Made in Chicago area.

Valued Contributor

I dump my nuts like a Neanderthal.  

Valued Contributor

I noticed that as well.  I assumed that it was to prevent a nut tornado during presentations, much like one would do while pouring wine.

Super Contributor
I used to buy Germack, great presentations, and I liked the fruit/nut mixtures I was buying. Then I got an order that so greatly disappointed me that I have never ordered from them again. Shame on the Q for having the host appear to open a sealed jar and pour out the nuts/mix. There appears to be an EVEN mixture of all the components in each jar, and the vendor also presents them that way. Simply not true. When I got my order there were exactly THREE cashews in a jar I had just watched being poured out with probably 1/4 of the jar being cashews, chock full of them. Not the same thing at all.

Squirrel Brand is very, very good, no disappointments there. I always have a supply of their Town & Country Mix on hand. Ferris Nut Co. Is wonderful, too, but I find their mixes are currently unavailable everywhere, even their own website. I am finishing up my last jar of cherry/cranberry/cashew/almond mix and will be bereft when it is empty! Raw, unsalted, healthy, delicious. Very disappointed.
Honored Contributor

@catwoman48 - I'd never heard of Germack until one year they offered them on QVC.  It was one of those sets of 6 (I believe) different mixes.  I got them and they were delicious.

Next time I ordered them, they were really poor and way too expensive for what I got.  Have never been tempted to order that brand again.

There are other companies with a better product, IMO.