Regular Contributor

I'm a new QVC shopper (since Feb. of this year) and have become weirdly fixated on the presentations of that Squirrel brand of nuts that QVC sells...

Has anyone else noticed the way the vendor rep for this brand spends the entire presentation opening can after can of these nuts, and instead of just pouring them into bowls, the rep ever so slowly and gently roates the can in circles while dispensing them into the bowl?

Many cans are opened, and all are dispensed this way. The last time the brand was presented, even the QVC host did the same weird roll-the-can thing, so maybe they are all instructed to do it this way. What possible advantage could there be to doing it this way? Because maybe I have been dispensing my nuts the wrong way all my life...just dumping them in a bowl like a Philistine. Do any of you guys roll your cans?

Anyway, it cracks me up, and the number of nut cans opened everytime this brand is on air is absolutely phenomenal.

Trusted Contributor

@PatsShoes  Your post made me giggle. I dump my nuts like a Philistine too.Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

Could be meant to be subliminal.

Honored Contributor

Could be to take up more time, slow it down so you get a good look at the nuts, maybe they don't make noise and rattle around or jump out of the bowl. . . may be totally because of the sound they would make and to let you see all of them as they go in.

Trusted Contributor

By doing it this way it seems like there are more nuts in the container because they slowly  pour out.   Comparing to music a slow pour more like a waltz......dumping the entire container at once more like heavy metal....   

Honored Contributor

@PatsShoes wrote:

Because maybe I have been dispensing my nuts the wrong way all my life...

LOL@quote.gifLOL@quote.gifLOL@quote.gifLOL@quote.gif

just dumping them in a bowl like a Philistine.

@PatsShoes  283917.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Regular Contributor

I bet you're right...maybe some people will think those cans contain more nuts if they do that slow mesmerizing roll. 

Honored Contributor

They use the twirl method because it makes for conversation on the community forums.  Now someone will go look and maybe buy.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

They use the twirl method because it makes for conversation on the community forums.  Now someone will go look and maybe buy.

Or not.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

Its simply for a slower, contolled pour for presentation. Not needed for home use.