Contributor

Specific Hosts with Specific Models

I am sure you all have talked about this before, so please forgive me but I would appreciate if the more seasoned people here would fill me in about which models go with which designers. Also your ideas about who decides which models model which designers' clothing? For the bigger designers who are also independent of QVC like Isaac, I would think he has a say.

Here's a partial list of what I have seen as regulars. Please fill in and correct if necessary:

Susan Graver: Katia; Rebecca; Meredith(?); Kate(?); Bonnie(?)

Isaac Mizrachie: Meredith; Rachel; Bonnie; Michelle; Adrienne; 

Quacker Factory: Andrea; Sue; Talia

Kim Gravel: Michaunda; Katia; 

LOGO: Kate, Bonnie; Jackie

Do the brands that come on less frequently like H by Halston, Any Body (I know that's a QVC brand) and Joan Rivers have set models?

Do the really rare ones like Clifford Kelly have them?

Many thanks!

Makeda

Honored Contributor

Re: Specific Hosts with Specific Models

I don't think they keep score on which models go where.  The vendors have favorites of those they feel show their clothes to the best advantage but any model could pop up in any show.  They work on contract with an agency, not for QVC, and want to get as much work as possible.  It's hard work.  Sometimes they're there for hours and hours with smiles on their faces.  Many have families and go to school or have other jobs.  My sister, who lives in that area, has seen the Q models working modeling for other businesses like department stores.  Occasionally a sharp-eyed viewer will spot one in a catalog ad.   I don't know how they stand the boredom of it all.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I've noticed Bob Mackie always likes to have the two Maria's, Angela, Kate and Chantal (sp?).

Contributor

I know, it must be so hard. I cannot believe that they are up at all hours modeling. Same for the hosts. It must be so hard when you have kids, etc... I think they should have night shift people and day shift people. It messes your body clock up to constantly be changing when you sleep and when you're up.

Also, for a "star" I think David Veneble works an awful lot. give the guy a break!!

Makeda.

Honored Contributor

You may be on to something.  I noticed Louis Dell'Olio always uses the same models or at least when I watched he did. Have been missing his shows of late. 

Respected Contributor

I would imagine that certain designers can request particular models. However, as another poster noted, the models work for an agency that can assign them in a manner that works for the company.

As several have said, being a model is not easy work.

Respected Contributor

@daisyk wrote:

I've noticed Bob Mackie always likes to have the two Maria's, Angela, Kate and Chantal (sp?).

Louis Dell’Olio uses the same models.

Respected Contributor

And Suzanne with Judity Ripka.

Honored Contributor

I wonder what Susan G. would do if Katia wasn't available for one of her shows??

Esteemed Contributor

Some designers have their "muses".  I remember Iris and dark haired Maria would always be in a Dennis Basso presentation.