Valued Contributor

There are spam emails purportedly from Paypal.  I know most of you know about this, but if anyone doesn't, please don't click on the link. If you are able, please forward the emails to the Spam department at Paypal. The topic is "unusual activity on your account".......yada, yada, yada.

Contributor

Thanks for this reminder @Carol08!

Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

The paypal spam ones hit my hotmail account at least once or twice every month. I don't even have a paypal acct. A lot come in from banks as well, banks I don't have nor ever had accts with. Never mind how many millions and millions of dollars are waiting for me to claim them from people and countries all around the world.

Honored Contributor

Yeah, this is an oldie but it's good to make sure more and more people are aware!  Smiley Happy

One thing that is super important is to never EVER click on anything in the email.    If you are inclined to check your account, delete that email and use your own link to go to Paypal and log in.

They can be reported.  IIRC, the email address is spoof@paypal.com.  If that has changed, hopefully, somebody will please correct me.

Honored Contributor

“Phishing” is an illegal attempt to "fish" for your private, sensitive data. One of the most common phishing scams involves sending an email that fraudulently claims to be from a well-known company (like PayPal). If you believe you've received a phishing email, follow these steps right away:

1. Forward the entire email to spoof@paypal.com.
  2. Do not alter the subject line or forward the message as an attachment.
  3. Delete the suspicious email from your inbox.

We'll look into it and email you a response to let you know if it is indeed fraudulent. In the meantime, don't click any links or download any attachments within the suspicious email.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”