Valued Contributor

Sound quality for QVC on Dish Network

I have no issues with sound quality on other channels but all channels of QVC have audio that goes up and down in volume to the point that I cannot stand to listen to any of them. Do any of you have this issue? I resort to using closed caption but would prefer to hear the presentations. I thought I would ask here before I call Dish.
Honored Contributor

Re: Sound quality for QVC on Dish Network

Yes I have that problem once in a while and I have Directv.

I believe the fault is with QVCs audio system.  The mic's on the hosts are usually attched to their clothing somewhere near the neck area and when they move their face in different directions the sound will fade or get louder.  Also, it could that some hosts have their volume turned up higher than others.

In any case I dont believe it is with your provider.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Valued Contributor

@marky wrote:
I have no issues with sound quality on other channels but all channels of QVC have audio that goes up and down in volume to the point that I cannot stand to listen to any of them. Do any of you have this issue? I resort to using closed caption but would prefer to hear the presentations. I thought I would ask here before I call Dish.

Poor sound quality on fox news from time to time on dish tv. I have called dish and they referred me to fox news for correction. After a few calls to fox news and no results I had to use harsh words which will not be mentioned to fox news it was fixed. You may have to do the same to QVC although I did not experience any problems

Honored Contributor

I have Dish too, and I agree with @Imaoldhippie in that it's more a case of the nature of the type of program and each host than an actual fault with the audio.

Also with all the vendors doing remotes instead of being in studio, some have very poor setups.  There are some vendors that I never can hear properly.  But this isn't exclusive to QVC.  On other channels I notice the same thing when they do remote interviews.

Respected Contributor

I have cable tv with Optimum/Cablevision and have the exact same issue with QVC2.  The volume goes up and down and it's so annoying I wind up turning it off.  No other channel does it, only QVC, so it's not a Direct TV issue or cable provider issue.  It's a QVC issue!! 

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Trusted Contributor

I only have streaming and get QVC through Amazon Firestick and I have the exact problem so the problem is not us it is QVC.  I am sure they will get it fixed.  Not sure I noticed it so much last night as I did over the weekend.

I have cable and the sound on QVC goes up and down making it really difficult to listen. I even turned down the tv and listened on my computer and the sound did the same thing.  Ugh! I really hope they see these comments and fix the problem. 

Contributor

I have Xfinity and I've noticed this issue only on pre-recorded shows. It's like a wave of sound up and then down. I have to turn it off because I notice it right away and drives me nuts. It's not on live shows though.
Trusted Contributor

Yes!!!  I have Directv and the sound on QVC is driving me crazy. I can't watch it. They need to fix that. Very annoying.

New Contributor

I'm glad others are having this problem - not that it's a good thing, just to validate that it wasn't a problem with my hearing, my TV, or my Cable, and I have AT&T U-Verse. I agree very annoying - thought at first it was just the overnight TSV re-runs thatg were doing it, but if it is the mics, why is it happening all of a sudden lately? Like the last few weeks or so...?