Esteemed Contributor

Re: Soooooooooooooo done shopping here...........

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624

I would like to add ,my order was cancelled for me by customer service

Esteemed Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

@MalteseMomma wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@MalteseMomma  If you can't describe a specific problem, why bring it up?  Unless you're willing to have a discussion, better to keep it to yourself. 

@Kachina624

Items shipping days after they have been cancelled........and  taking over a week to  ship in the first place!

I wish all the Q's customers realize that not all products are actually stocked by the Q.  There are thousands of items that are dropped shipped although they do appear to look like they came directly from the Q.

Do you know that many places just take "orders", put the file together and send it to independent people who just create the labels then those labels are sent to a warehouse and the product is then shipped from there?  That's why it may take so long.  Items that are Q branded like SG, D&Co presumably go through the Q's warehouse.

I would assume that cancelled orders that are "caught" within this process actually get shipped.  It would be impossible to stop a shipment that has gone through these steps.

You can say "you're done" but there's really nothing that can be done about, it's just the way it's handled.  I also believe we the consumers are just plain spoiled on how some other big company stepped up the delivery process so anything more than 3 days seems so long.

Don't forget everyone is in this immediate satisfaction mode now, there's no waiting or even tolerance for anything taking time.

@Just Bling

Then they should state that info  during the sales pitch ,so we can choose who we want to buy from and how long we are willing to wait for it to ship!

Esteemed Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

@Just Bling wrote:

@MalteseMomma wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@MalteseMomma  If you can't describe a specific problem, why bring it up?  Unless you're willing to have a discussion, better to keep it to yourself. 

@Kachina624

Items shipping days after they have been cancelled........and  taking over a week to  ship in the first place!

I wish all the Q's customers realize that not all products are actually stocked by the Q.  There are thousands of items that are dropped shipped although they do appear to look like they came directly from the Q.

Do you know that many places just take "orders", put the file together and send it to independent people who just create the labels then those labels are sent to a warehouse and the product is then shipped from there?  That's why it may take so long.  Items that are Q branded like SG, D&Co presumably go through the Q's warehouse.

I would assume that cancelled orders that are "caught" within this process actually get shipped.  It would be impossible to stop a shipment that has gone through these steps.

You can say "you're done" but there's really nothing that can be done about, it's just the way it's handled.  I also believe we the consumers are just plain spoiled on how some other big company stepped up the delivery process so anything more than 3 days seems so long.

Don't forget everyone is in this immediate satisfaction mode now, there's no waiting or even tolerance for anything taking time.

@Just Bling

Then they should state that info  during the sales pitch ,so we can choose who we want to buy from and how long we are willing to wait for it to ship!

If they want to be deceptive on air then when you place your order be more accurate about EDD.

Respected Contributor

No, the Q is not the same. Is anywhere? No. I buy a little here, a little there ... always have ... I can not just shop at one place, too many places to choose from.

And, I can say once you find somewhere that you do like, that for some reason or another it changes and you just move on somewhere else.

But, then again - we as shoppers change too. Nothing or no one ever stays the same.

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

I find a few things but it isn't a major stop any longer.

Esteemed Contributor

ok ,so I ranted and quickly got over it...............

I reordered the pants matching the top I cancelled  that shipped anyway...........

and added on anther top and pants in a different color........( color me redfaced)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MalteseMomma wrote:

@Kachina624

I would like to add ,my order was cancelled for me by customer service

@MalteseMomma

When you contacted Customer Service and if it was too late to cancel then customer service should have been able to tell you that at that point.....With all the technology we have available now, even if it's shipped by the manufacturer or whether shipped by QVC's own warehouse there should be some electronic trail on each package to let CS or even alert the website when you try to cancel that its too late!  Instead of remote shows, QVC should invest in technology software that will help their Customers and shippng processes............That's more important to me and Im sure many others than having, a "red carpet" show in California during the Academy Awards, or a fake Fashion Week Show from NY, or  Lisa Rinna's a show from Beverly Hills, CA,(they didnt even do that for Bob Mackie and his anniversary)  or now David will have a special remote show from San Fran.... Amy posted a picture and they paid that expense not only for Amy to travel, to Beverly Hills,  but also a huge crew as well.........NOT MONEY WELL SPENT...JMHO!.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@faeriemoon wrote:

For those of us who have been with the Q a very long time, we are experiencing a very different shopping channel than the one we started with.

It is really quite frustrating.  The Q used to be a great place to shop.

@faeriemoon

I dont order much from QVC these days (for many reasons-inconsistent sizing, quality decline, and Q's "try me fee"---you can send it back within 30 days but lose your original shipping and pay to send it back), but when I DO order....sometimes it's like it was sent pony express and this was after QVC raised their shipping prices and no longer gives a discount if 2 of the same items sent to the same address (even though if you order something it arrives in the same package!!)! .....The only thing slower than QVC is when you chose to have a book sent using "book rate".....(and yes I still prefer hardbacks and paperbacks to electronic readers)...............

Meanwhile other retailers send things so fast I'm amazed..........Perhaps QVC needs to check with them to see how they do things................

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I am also shopping much less and watching much less.  The hosts aren't  at the level they were when I began shopping in 1993.  They were so professional then and explained everything very well.    I guess now my biggest reason for cutting back is the higher prices and the shipping costs plus the amount it costs to return an item--at least $10.  I know prices are up all over, but department stores, etc. do have sales, discount codes/coupons, etc. which makes for better pricing.   I only buy items at QVC that are definitely not offered elsewhere.  There are not too many items in that category anymore.

Esteemed Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

@MalteseMomma wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624

I disagree.  It's not being spoiled.  It's called progress.  Many, many companies offer faster shipping than QVC.   That's more appealing to a lot of people.  Why should we not give those companies our business?  It doesn't make sense to purposely wait when there's the option to receive things quickly by shopping elsewhere.  

QVC is behind the times in many ways.