Esteemed Contributor

Sometimes the Q feels like a big infomercial

I wish they would have the "Today's Special Value" on a little less. The Bliss Lights day and yesterday's Sleep Number seemed to take up the whole day...Every other hour was the Sleep number bed.

AND...while I am on my soapbox.......the day in the beginning of the year that they had NutriSystem (TSV) on with "In the Kitchen with David" was just plain silly....Smiley Tongue

Valued Contributor

Re: Sometimes the Q feels like a big infomercial

Between the all day special values and Shawn all the time, I've had it with QVC! 

I'm sorry as I know a lot of you love her, but I just
can't take her.

hissy fit.gif

That's how we roll in the shire..
Honored Contributor

"Sometimes the Q feels like a big infomercial"

That's because that's exactly what it is. It's not entertainment, it's sales. Every minute they are on they are trying to sell us something. Their goal is to make money and if they happen to entertain you or fool you into thinking that's NOT their main goal, good for them. But we're all better off if we never forget that they are selling us something every minute they are on the air.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

HELLO?!
Valued Contributor

This post has been removed by QVC. Could be hurtful to original poster.

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry...what I meant was the hour long presentations of the same thing over and over.....

Trusted Contributor

I love QVC, I have been a customer for many years but I also realize they can be addicting, especially if you are a stay at home person!!   The things that bother so many people may be due to too much watching!!  The Q will show often what they feel needs to be shown often!  That may be the merchandise that isn't moving as fast as they would like it to and they have a right to do that!   It's kind of like the grocery store!  If the avacados are not moving then they put them by the front door!!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

Sorry...what I meant was the hour long presentations of the same thing over and over.....

On regular network television, that's called re-runs .... LOL

Honored Contributor

Sometimes...?  You're being too generous, OP...

It's essentially become unwatchable for me virtually all the time.  Sad to say, watching has largely become a thing of the past at my house.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Contributor

To Cah,

I am right there with you!