Super Contributor

Something is Wrong with the Channel

For the last 45 minutes, the picture has been blinking. I know it's not my cable because I checked the other channels. It's only QVC doing this.

Honored Contributor

Re: Something is Wrong with the Channel

Could have been interference on the satellite feed

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

@kelshar wrote:

For the last 45 minutes, the picture has been blinking. I know it's not my cable because I checked the other channels. It's only QVC doing this.

Actually, you do not "know" this.  There can be issues in the cable system itself which affect a single channel.  Having worked in the cable industry for 11+ years, I saw this happen numerous times.

When you have issues with a channel, your first (and best) solution is to contact your cable or satellite provider.  If it is an issue with the system, they can resolve it more quickly, and if they determine it to be an issue with the satellite feed or network itself, they can then escalate the issue accordingly. 

This simple step, ultimately, will be more effective than posting on a message board of other viewers who have no ability to look into the matter.

Super Contributor

The only reason I posted this on the message board is to see if others were having the same problem. Thank you very much.

Contributor

The channel was pixelated and choppy for awhile on my tv too.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@KYToby wrote:

@kelshar wrote:

Actually, you do not "know" this.  There can be issues in the cable system itself which affect a single channel.  Having worked in the cable industry for 11+ years, I saw this happen numerous times.

When you have issues with a channel, your first (and best) solution is to contact your cable or satellite provider.  If it is an issue with the system, they can resolve it more quickly, and if they determine it to be an issue with the satellite feed or network itself, they can then escalate the issue accordingly. 

This simple step, ultimately, will be more effective than posting on a message board of other viewers who have no ability to look into the matter.

Must you always seem so accusatory and didactic? The information you imparted is potentially important and helpful. It so often it isn't what we say, it's how we say it...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

We do not have cable, just what we pull over the air and it's  jumping something awful for us  too. Has been  doing this off and on since the weekend. 

Respected Contributor

I have no sound!

Respected Contributor

Turned off and on....ok now