Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Some other hosts besides Leah look trimmer to me

@santorini wrote:

@manhattan1950 wrote:

@seedpie wrote:

Those three women were never bigger to start with.  Camera adds like fifteen pounds.  They have always looked good to me.

NOT TRUE - a TOTAL myth.

I'm not so sure about that.  I ended up on the same court jury as a local news anchor.  He looked MUCH thinner in person than on tv. He even joked about it to me.

@santorini

I have seen two of the female local news anchors here, and they are thinner than they appear on air. You are correct.

Contributor

Leah looks wonderful!!  I am so happy for her, you can tell she is enjoying herself more and that she knows she looks great which makes her more confident in her hosting. 

I say great job Leah!!  You go girl, and congrats!! 

Esteemed Contributor

I spend lots of time with my grandmother growing up.  She was old school from Europe who thought thinner was unhealthy so she chased thin me around saying  "eat, eat, eat."  So when is see thin gals (really thin) I get concerned.

1.  that they will fall and break bones (which many of my thin friends seem to do

2. that they will look older especially in the face showing wrinkles. Not mentioning any names but one of the beautiful ladies you  mentioned does look older and face shows lines.  

As for me I need to lose weight and perhaps there is a bit of jealously in my response but on three occasions that I had a serious falls my fluff and roundness saved me.  And for my age (heredity I guess) I have little or no wrinkles or lines and my skin is smooth.  I use no product and don't care to.  

Valued Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

Perhaps Q bought new hi-tech cameras.  We know Leah lost a lot of weight - - Shawn and Mrs. Bennett have never been 'beefy' as far as I can recall.

I have to agree with you on this one. S.K. and S.B. look no different to me. Yes Leah looks great and I applaud her for her efforts. But I have had just the opposite thought that several look quite heavier, me included!! To me Leah is the only one in my opinion that really shows the weight loss.

bamasec

Super Contributor

Some had commented a few months back that Carolyn, Jayne brown, Antonella, the model Jacque all looked thinner. Nope, they look no different (like most of us) weight Wise than 1 year ago. Leah is the ONLY one who's achieved that. 

Contributor

I have noticed and now that you opened this door, I will say that it seems to me one or two of the "larger" models look slimmer.  I guess everyone is suppose to be a single digit size and gushingly tell us they are wearing a double-extra small.  Yea gads, I am envious.  I fee like a cow right now...

Esteemed Contributor

All 5 of the new female hosts are fairly fit and trim, so maybe some of the, "older" hosts are feeling some heat.

Honored Contributor

Leah definitely lost weight and looks great.  Also, Jackie the rep. for IT Cosmetics looks like she lost a lot of weight and looks very nice.  That's the only ones I noticed.

Honored Contributor

I don't watch QVC that often, but the last time I saw Pat Dimitri, she looked thinner...She was never what I would call heavy, but she definitely looked thinner. She is such a pretty woman either way, but maybe they are doing a weight loss challenge or get in shape challenge.....Good for them.......

Valued Contributor

Yes, Leah is much thinner & looks great.  She lost the weight quickly.  Wish she would share her secret