Honored Contributor

Re: Some QVC Vendors May Not Be Back

@MarthaStewardess wrote:

While there are one or two vendors that I like, I prefer QVC with less guests.  Just one host should be enough.  Maybe if they're on their own they can skip all the nonsense and give the viewers more info on the products they're supposed to be selling.

@MarthaStewardess 

AMEN!! Some will be forced to learn about the products they present......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

@jackthebear  So the host won't have to work so hard? 

Like another here, I remember when vendor reps, if any, were few and far between.  The host carried the show, had the knowledge, did the presentation.

Poor David...Sunday when he was by himself showing his Lock n Lock configuration, he seemed frantic trying to keep up with the colors that sold out and removing them.

I like David and he's probably presented alone before, but Sunday...I think it was the first item...frantic.  Glad the set did well..with his name on it and everything.

@esmerelda 

David seems to be more and more OBSESSED with colors or how many they sold in the show and little else about the products....Its a pet peeve of mind when the vendor is making an important point and David interrupts and says "lets go through the colors" (again!)......I already know them by heart ...Woman Frustrated

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@MarthaStewardess wrote:

While there are one or two vendors that I like, I prefer QVC with less guests.  Just one host should be enough.  Maybe if they're on their own they can skip all the nonsense and give the viewers more info on the products they're supposed to be selling.

@MarthaStewardess   Yes, and not spend so darn much time on one item!!

Honored Contributor

I go back and forth with this solo hosting vs. hosting with a rep controversy.  While the host and rep thing can be nauseating with all the kissy, kissy, "my good friend" nonsense, it does keep the host from talking in circles for ten minutes.  Some hosts are better than others and can present a product intelligently for the entire presentation time.  Others can't get out of their own way and start to sound positively ridiculous.

Most of the time, when there is a rep involved, the presentation sounds more like a conversation, and even the worst hosts can't mess that up too badly.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

In some cases I prefer the vendor.  They know more about the product.  I particularly remember one Dyna-Trap presentation where the host was pretty much clueless about the product.  I don't watch for the hosts; I watch to learn about the product.  

because the hosts know they don't need to know about the products they are relying more and more on the product reps

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@esmerelda wrote:

Like another here, I remember when vendor reps, if any, were few and far between.  The host carried the show, had the knowledge, did the presentation.

Poor David...Sunday when he was by himself showing his Lock n Lock configuration, he seemed frantic trying to keep up with the colors that sold out and removing them.

I like David and he's probably presented alone before, but Sunday...I think it was the first item...frantic.  Glad the set did well..with his name on it and everything.

@esmerelda 

David seems to be more and more OBSESSED with colors or how many they sold in the show and little else about the products....Its a pet peeve of mind when the vendor is making an important point and David interrupts and says "lets go through the colors" (again!)......I already know them by heart ...Woman Frustrated

I think (and realize that many love DV) that he leans on product reps more than others, as he focuses on colors happy dancing etc

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Sally will be back selling ANOTHER shoe line just as she did last time  she switched shoe companies. These vendors , like hosts, just sell whatever gives them an income....

@SeaMaiden   I know that's true hsve seen it many  times on the Q.   It bothers me though as I always feel  that they aren't genuine if they can hop from one company to another and then say this company is now the best !   Well wasn't the one you represented previously the best ??🤔   

Esteemed Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@esmerelda wrote:

@esmerelda 

I think (and realize that many love DV) that he leans on product reps more than others, as he focuses on colors happy dancing etc

@jackthebear  😂

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

For some products like electronics the vendor is the expert while most hosts cannot be expected to be so the vendor brings value.  IMO no vendors necessary for most items especially clothing. As an example what real value does SG or LG bring?  Presentations of one item goes on and on because of the constant talking over each other by host and vendor and sillyness.  Who can't demonstrate a vacuum cleaner or a handbag? Beauty products are best sold by demonstrations so professional vendors bring value.  I like one l host.  

Regular Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

For some products like electronics the vendor is the expert while most hosts cannot be expected to be so the vendor brings value.  IMO no vendors necessary for most items especially clothing. As an example what real value does SG or LG bring?  Presentations of one item goes on and on because of the constant talking over each other by host and vendor and sillyness.  Who can't demonstrate a vacuum cleaner or a handbag? Beauty products are best sold by demonstrations so professional vendors bring value.  I like one l host.  

@mspatmac  Especially SG....If you have seen her once that is all you need. She says the same thing over and over again.