Esteemed Contributor

Re: Some QVC Vendors May Not Be Back

@jackthebear  So the host won't have to work so hard? 

Like another here, I remember when vendor reps, if any, were few and far between.  The host carried the show, had the knowledge, did the presentation.

Poor David...Sunday when he was by himself showing his Lock n Lock configuration, he seemed frantic trying to keep up with the colors that sold out and removing them.

I like David and he's probably presented alone before, but Sunday...I think it was the first item...frantic.  Glad the set did well..with his name on it and everything.

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

I'm assuming at some point, Q will operate as it did before. There will be hosts with other hosts at some shows, vendors for various brands, etc. As it usually goes when business numbers are down, it costs less to hire a newbie at a lower salary than keep an employee that earned much more. It stinks, but that's what some businesses do to keep afloat. 

Respected Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

Have you wondered why some long-standing vendors have not appeared on QVC since all the social distancing?  I mean No Skype connection, No telephone call-ins.  

Some have been furloughed.  Sally from Earth shoes says she is currently unemployed.  She said today on her Instagram page that she was "furloughed" by her company after being with them for 8 1/2 years. Sally wants to come back.

I've noticed other brands that have a new vendor rep on the phone, instead of the usual familiar vendor.  

Some here also noticed Bethanie Lori from Vince Camuto was MIA during the recent Big Deal -- they had a different vendor rep, even though on 4/10 Bethanie mentioned she hopes she can still return for VC/QVC.

I wish the best for all during these difficult times.   

While I am sorry she is out of a job, 

even at  the best of times , why fly in a person from across the country to rep a brand of shoes ?.

@jackthebear I am 99.9% sure the vendors fly in/drive in at their own expense, ditto for hotel expenditures.  That's how it is at HSN.

Respected Contributor

@mjmm wrote:
It's more professional now. We hear and see the information about the product. The hosts are well-trained on how to inform us pleasantly. They are doing their own makeup hair and clothes which makes them real.

@mjmm I like it this way much better.  Does anyone even miss that annoying kiss hello they all have to give one another?  Nope!

Honored Contributor

@mjmm wrote:
It's more professional now. We hear and see the information about the product. The hosts are well-trained on how to inform us pleasantly. They are doing their own makeup hair and clothes which makes them real.

i have noticed different hosts at night that i had not seen before.  I am also seeing Sandra Bennet a lot.  I do enjoy Q more without all the people on stage.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I am wondering it they will re think how they present products

Respected Contributor

i wish they woukd dump all the vendors. Keep the designers but bringing in "experts" to demonstrate a Keurig coffee machine is absurd.  The hosts should prepare like they did in the old days when Steve Bryant was there.  He always tested out and knew the product inside out before going on air.  No need for Craig Smith or Oscar.  Steve could sell electronic gear like no other 

Esteemed Contributor

Well Sally can join millions and millions of other people who are now unemployed.  My daughter lost her job yesterday. Luckily,they are giving her severance and three months salary.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

In some cases I prefer the vendor.  They know more about the product.  I particularly remember one Dyna-Trap presentation where the host was pretty much clueless about the product.  I don't watch for the hosts; I watch to learn about the product.  

Honored Contributor

I hate that people have lost their jobs.  I really feel for them. I'm in the same boat but luckier than most because I'm retired and have a pension so I'll survive. 

Losing some brands could be a big plus for Q.   They may actually be forced to look for new and better lines.  The same old, same old, is old.