Honored Contributor

Some QVC Vendors May Not Be Back

Have you wondered why some long-standing vendors have not appeared on QVC since all the social distancing?  I mean No Skype connection, No telephone call-ins.  

Some have been furloughed.  Sally from Earth shoes says she is currently unemployed.  She said today on her Instagram page that she was "furloughed" by her company after being with them for 8 1/2 years. Sally wants to come back.

I've noticed other brands that have a new vendor rep on the phone, instead of the usual familiar vendor.  

Some here also noticed Bethanie Lori from Vince Camuto was MIA during the recent Big Deal -- they had a different vendor rep, even though on 4/10 Bethanie mentioned she hopes she can still return for VC/QVC.

I wish the best for all during these difficult times.   

Respected Contributor

Re: Some QVC Vendors May Not Be Back

I'm surprised to hear that about Sally.  I like her a lot more than the rep they kept. I hope they rethink that decision. 

Honored Contributor

Vendors may have realized that QVC hosts do pretty well on their own, without a vendor rep along side, that the expense of a rep isn't worth it.

Respected Contributor

That's interesting.  Some folks at my work have been furloughed too. Money is just not coming in to pay them.  We all hope that will change, but right now we have to deal with it. 

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Esteemed Contributor

i was wondering where Sally was...i remember when she left when qvc stopped selling birkenstocks!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Vendors may have realized that QVC hosts do pretty well on their own, without a vendor rep along side, that the expense of a rep isn't worth it.

QVC used to never have guests who represented the vendors.  My guess is though, they will be back. 

Respected Contributor

While there are one or two vendors that I like, I prefer QVC with less guests.  Just one host should be enough.  Maybe if they're on their own they can skip all the nonsense and give the viewers more info on the products they're supposed to be selling.

Honored Contributor

Sally will be back selling ANOTHER shoe line just as she did last time  she switched shoe companies. These vendors , like hosts, just sell whatever gives them an income....

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

Have you wondered why some long-standing vendors have not appeared on QVC since all the social distancing?  I mean No Skype connection, No telephone call-ins.  

Some have been furloughed.  Sally from Earth shoes says she is currently unemployed.  She said today on her Instagram page that she was "furloughed" by her company after being with them for 8 1/2 years. Sally wants to come back.

I've noticed other brands that have a new vendor rep on the phone, instead of the usual familiar vendor.  

Some here also noticed Bethanie Lori from Vince Camuto was MIA during the recent Big Deal -- they had a different vendor rep, even though on 4/10 Bethanie mentioned she hopes she can still return for VC/QVC.

I wish the best for all during these difficult times.   

While I am sorry she is out of a job, 

even at  the best of times , why fly in a person from across the country to rep a brand of shoes ?.

Super Contributor

It's more professional now. We hear and see the information about the product. The hosts are well-trained on how to inform us pleasantly. They are doing their own makeup hair and clothes which makes them real.