Respected Contributor

Re: Social media hosts are being limited

@Sooner wrote:

@Bhvbum wrote:

The gold-standard for cleaning your hands is not sanitizer but soap and water and time washing.  Just about everyone has explained why soap and water works perfectly on viruses.  

So if David did a good job washing his hands he is good to go.  What really drives me crazy are the folks who keep asking what's the big deal!!  Where in the world are they getting their news??

@Bhvbum  It's television.  Nobody is going to catch the flu from their computer or television.  

I don't want to watch someone wiping down counters and wearing a mask.  That makes no sense at all.  It is a production, not an actual live event.

Wearing latex gloves handling food products may be a smart idea. If nothing else it teaches people watching to be mindful of kitchen and food handling practices.

Respected Contributor

• U

@Reever wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Bhvbum wrote:

The gold-standard for cleaning your hands is not sanitizer but soap and water and time washing.  Just about everyone has explained why soap and water works perfectly on viruses.  

So if David did a good job washing his hands he is good to go.  What really drives me crazy are the folks who keep asking what's the big deal!!  Where in the world are they getting their news??

@Bhvbum  It's television.  Nobody is going to catch the flu from their computer or television.  

I don't want to watch someone wiping down counters and wearing a mask.  That makes no sense at all.  It is a production, not an actual live event.

Wearing latex gloves handling food products may be a smart idea. If nothing else it teaches people watching to be mindful of kitchen and food handling practices.

Are you wearing gloves at home fixing your meals??
Honored Contributor

@MarkeieMark wrote:

I just wish they would start wearing gloves, and masks when presenting.

820854aef1c0c1c4e0bc4912d3ce5503.jpg

Valued Contributor

@SeaMaiden 

I think you meant this for the Fashion Forum - New Spring TSV!

Frequent Contributor

I for one would like to thank QVC for #1 not having that second host and all thee silliness that goes on and #2 eliminating all the hugging and kissing between the hosts and vendors.  I rarelhy watch any live shows anymore, but actually sat and watched a bit of ITKWD today. I found it so much more enjoyable to watch, it weemed a bit lower key and he focused more on the item he was selling.

I kind of wish they would keep this up from here on out, but as we all know, it will return. Sigh.

Honored Contributor

@Zaimee wrote:

@SeaMaiden 

I think you meant this for the Fashion Forum - New Spring TSV!

@Zaimee  I hope they have a animal print suit!

Esteemed Contributor

I am hoping that the Q will see how unnecessary it is to have a social media host included in a presentation !!  It is just host overkill!!!  David's show was smoother, less silliness and less distraction....

Respected Contributor

@corita wrote:

I am hoping that the Q will see how unnecessary it is to have a social media host included in a presentation !!  It is just host overkill!!!  David's show was smoother, less silliness and less distraction....

The social media nonsense started a few years ago when the CEO thought it would appeal to the millenials on Facebook.  I long for the days of a cooking show. Like the one Bob used to host.  It would be great if they could hire the Blue Jean Chef for one day a week and do a show with actual cooking.

Trusted Contributor

Social media is one thing no one should miss.  In the scheme of things it is not necessary to sell kitchen things.

Trusted Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@corita wrote:

The social media nonsense started a few years ago when the CEO thought it would appeal to the millenials on Facebook.  I long for the days of a cooking show. Like the one Bob used to host.  It would be great if they could hire the Blue Jean Chef for one day a week and do a show with actual cooking.

Well said!  ITKWD does hardly any cooking.  I see they ripped off In the Kitchen with Bob's what is in the Cupboard.  They now feature an item a week that is in the cupboard.