Honored Contributor

Re: So now QVC "Customer Service" trolls the boards pushing the Q Card?

I think the essence here is that the moderator's post was specifically made in response to one poster's question/wish.

The moderators are not pushing the Q card on anyone.  That was one post in response to one question.  There's a difference.

I can see it would be worse than annoying if it were otherwise.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Valued Contributor

I am still trying to understand why the OP is so upset about QVC trying to push the QCard.I've had a QCard for years and now I am so happy that FINALLY there is some advantage in having it..EASY PAYS..There never really was  a good reason to having one..other than it's easier to deal with if something is wrong on your statement.... Anyone who shops at QVC should have a Q Card. and I think that's what they are trying to do. iread these boards enough to know that many of you complain that there aren't enough items on EASY PAY....So, now's the chance to change that.HSN always gave you PERKS for having their card....Now QVC is doing that too!

Esteemed Contributor

I think this OP makes a valid point about the role of the moderators.  It will be obnoxious, and perhaps drive people away, if they frequently pop into established threads to do a Q card promotion.  I'm hoping this was a one-time attempt as a response to a poster's request rather than a Q card commercial that will continue to play in random threads.

Honored Contributor

I think it's great they troll and care about our opinions and experiences.  I complained loudly about a cosmetic product that was defective.  Next thing I knew, I got a call from CS saying they were refunding my money and they did!  Troll away.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardensla wrote:

As I posted, I find this totally obnoxious.

Don't even bother with the usual defenses: it's their board, they're here to make money, don't like it go elsewhere, etc. 

It's just obnoxious.

Screen Shot 2015-10-24 at 7.20.44 AM.png

LINK to Thread

I agree with you @gardensla. It's one thing to offer it on the shopping side of the site, but to be using their plants, and let's face it... to 'befriend' us and push it over here is beyond the pale. It might well be good business but it's indefensible, if completely predictable, sadly. I continue to believe the Q is hurting mighy big time.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I am totally not understanding why there is a problem with a retailer assisting a customer with a sale.  QVC is in the business of selling.  When people make comments here about having an issue with a purchase, the replies are usually of no assistance.  Nothing better than an employee jumping in to solve the problem.  I think it's a win-win. 

Honored Contributor

I am tired of them pushing the Q card  in general but I don't get mad at them for posting on the forums about it- I kind of expect it since it is their forum. They inundate us with the the Q card stuff onair so why not extend it to their forums?

I am also tired of them pushing the easy pays and doing the whole "surprise flash sale" but all it is is easy pay. That is NOT a sale and constantly offering them instead of a real sale or discount code or even the gift card deal is lame.

But I digress...

Esteemed Contributor

I did not find it intrusive at all. If it was appearing on multiple threads, which it is not. Numerous times, which it has not that would be different.

This is much ado about nothing.

Respected Contributor

Hello, gardensla. Smiley Happy

Here's the thing. There's no way to please everyone.

"The mods need to communicate more with the posters on this board!"

"The mods need to back off and communicate less!"

"The mods need to actually delete things and keep the bullies in check!"

"Why did the mods delete that thread?! They're being too strict!"

"The mods won't help!"

"The mods need to stay out of it!"

See? Whatever pleases someone is going to annoy someone else by default. Just imagine having a school full of children where half the parents demand more homework and the other half demand less homework. There's really no way to make everyone happy.

No matter what the mods do or don't do, someone's going to get upset.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Esteemed Contributor

It doesn't bother me if the mods want to promote QVC, they are after all their employers and QVC pays the bills. All companies now use social media to one degree or another to boost sales. Whether a company uses social media directly or pays a 3rd party to manage their social media accounts makes no difference to me.