Honored Contributor

Re: So now QVC "Customer Service" trolls the boards pushing the Q Card?

@RedHeadedWench wrote:

Well, you know, their boards, their play.

One of the many reasons I rarely post here any more. I know they own the boards, blah blah blah, but since the board changes, things have become worse, and now we have advertisements for the Q Card. Yes, they are advertisements. I refuse to believe that anyone that comes to the Q Boards does not know that QVC has their own credit card...with one of the worst interest rates too.

I guess they have to pay for aquiring Zulily somehow.

Well said...

Thankfully, I've never been a big shopper with their latest acquisition, as I have little doubt that over time, they'll manage to dilute that too, probably to the point of ruination...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Yankee2000 wrote:

@KYToby wrote:

But these are QVC's boards.

QVC exists to make money.

People can always go elsewhere.

Where is the disconnect?  What does the OP not understand about shopping channels, and why act as if QVC is committing some sort of cardinal sin by promoting its credit card?

Really, none of us have ever heard this before. 

Indeed. But to be fair and unbiased, all of us have heard the same complaints before, too.

It gets old after a while...especially when it is the same posters...

Valued Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

I took it as someone trying to be helpful.....and as far as pushing the Q card...it is like that all over!! It seems every store has some sort of reward program. Stores have their own credit cards that they push you to use for discounts. Target employees always ask if I want to open a Red card when I check out and tell me I would save 5%.......it is the norm now...

Yes, most other stores have a credit card and always ask you if you want to apply for one.  The BIG difference is that most store credt cards offer some kind of sale or promotion or discount.  Target, Kohls, GAP, Macys, and many others send exclusive coupons or have special discounts.  EasyPay is NOT a discount.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't usually buy off of zulilly because of their return policy.  you know the one that says all sales are final.

A month of so ago though I decided I would look at some of their offerings and there were a couple of items for fall that I decided to buy.  Since the shipping time is something like 2 weeks, they all finally arrived and well I wasn't impressed.  Almost everything was smaller than I expected, I bought some of the items to be outdoors but I can't tell by the information contained as to whether or not they are outdoor safe (not by the website information either) and everything was made in China (for some reason I thought I was buying American made - my mistake).

So I won't be buying from the Z site and I've already cut down what I purchase from the Q site.

And while I don't watch QVC much any more, the last show I did tune in for had an amazing # of references to using the Q card.  No real advantage that I can see other than if you want the ez pays.

Honored Contributor

@Yankee2000 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Yankee2000 wrote:

@KYToby wrote:

Where is the disconnect?  What does the OP not understand about shopping channels, and why act as if QVC is committing some sort of cardinal sin by promoting its credit card?

Indeed. But to be fair and unbiased, all of us have heard the same complaints before, too.

I'm not sure whether you got my point. I'm saying that while for some it may get old to hear that QVC exists to make money and that people can always go elsewhere, for others it can also get old to hear posters complain about QVC. To be be fair, it goes both ways.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Yankee2000 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Yankee2000 wrote:

@KYToby wrote:

I'm not sure whether you got my point. I'm saying that while for some it may get old to hear that QVC exists to make money and that people can always go elsewhere, for others it can also get old to hear posters complain about QVC. To be be fair, it goes both ways.

I got your point....I was speaking about the posters who are always sour no matter what the subject is.  

Esteemed Contributor

@CorrTor wrote:

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

I took it as someone trying to be helpful.....and as far as pushing the Q card...it is like that all over!! It seems every store has some sort of reward program. Stores have their own credit cards that they push you to use for discounts. Target employees always ask if I want to open a Red card when I check out and tell me I would save 5%.......it is the norm now...

Yes, most other stores have a credit card and always ask you if you want to apply for one.  The BIG difference is that most store credt cards offer some kind of sale or promotion or discount.  Target, Kohls, GAP, Macys, and many others send exclusive coupons or have special discounts.  EasyPay is NOT a discount.

You're so right. And, that's why I have an HSN card and have never had a Q card. The Q never offered me a thing! While HSN, OTOH, offered me 20% off of a treadmill if I  wanted, to open a card with them.

Honored Contributor

@Alexa6352 wrote:

I am still trying to understand why the OP is so upset about QVC trying to push the QCard.I've had a QCard for years and now I am so happy that FINALLY there is some advantage in having it..EASY PAYS..There never really was  a good reason to having one..other than it's easier to deal with if something is wrong on your statement.... Anyone who shops at QVC should have a Q Card. and I think that's what they are trying to do. iread these boards enough to know that many of you complain that there aren't enough items on EASY PAY....So, now's the chance to change that.HSN always gave you PERKS for having their card....Now QVC is doing that too!

Personally I don't find easy pay to be a perk nor a reason to have a QVC card.

One big perk for having an HSN card is if you purchase using the HSN card and return the item using their return label, you get that money credited to your account by way of spendable cash. *That* to me is a perk.

One reason to have an Evine CC is they periodically offer free s/h to card holders.  *That* again is a real perk to me.   

Esteemed Contributor

I think that since QVC contracted out the management of these boards to a third party, Lithium, that QVC's goal is to maximize the social media aspect of these boards to increase QVC sales. These boards are after all free to use by anyone that registers so it's a tradeoff for the person that uses these boards...the cost gets paid in one way or another. I would guess that it's an advertising expense to QVC.

Just like many communities these boards have to be paid for in some way, whether it's QVC's horizontal ad banners or some other form of advertising. So far QVC doesn't have 3rd party ads on their left and right rails but who knows if that will happen in the future.

So if QVC's goal has changed and they have QVC moderators interacting with their community, I don't have a problem with it.

Esteemed Contributor

I believe this forum is a Q marketing tool. We provide FREE important information on products, employees, success or failures of selling techniques. We are perfect demographically, gender, age, and financially. And we do it for the Q for FREE. Others get paid every day to do this. 

That's what I've seen until recently when the employees became part of the forum. Now, it appears the Q no longer wants true opinions, and will accept only those they approve of. 

Employees offering leading information about products destroys what I think was the purpose of this board. It appears the Q is no longer interested in the valuable Focus group provided for free, but has changed to this forum being a selling tool to make money for the Q. 

I ignore it, just as I do junk mail and advertisements. And yes, everybody knows it's their board and they can do as they wish.