Esteemed Contributor

So now QVC "Customer Service" trolls the boards pushing the Q Card?

As I posted, I find this totally obnoxious.

Don't even bother with the usual defenses: it's their board, they're here to make money, don't like it go elsewhere, etc. 

It's just obnoxious.

Screen Shot 2015-10-24 at 7.20.44 AM.png

LINK to Thread

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

Re: So now QVC "Customer Service" trolls the boards pushing the Q Card?

@gardenslaOf course, you're right.  QVC is ehre to make money-  and so is Louis and any other vendor you can name.

In my morning paper there's an article about women in business.  One was quoted as saying, "You've got to be in it (business) for the money; passion takes you only so far."  Kind of Shark Tank sounding, but she's right - companies that don't find ways to make money, die.  Where are Gimbels and Altmans's and Gertz and A&S - all big chains from the NY area and where are the dozens of smaller local stores of my younger years?

I know where - on the financial junkheap along with others who didn't figure out the bottom line.

But can it be annoying?  Of course - but that doesn't mean it doesn't work!

Respected Contributor

Of course they troll the board.  They have always trolled the board. It is good business.  I am sure they get a lot of information that is helpful to their business.  For example: There is a thread where everyone is complaining about the amount of time products are "In Process".  It is good  for QVC to hear some of those complaints. I purchased 3 items last weekend.  I received them all by Wednesday. Bravo QVC!

One time after the Christmas holidays prior to shipping charge changes, I had to return 4 items.  I returned 2 1/2 weeks prior to the January 31 deadline by USPS Priority Mail. On January 31 my products still did not show as "Returned." I complained on these boards.  QVC Customer Service called me and assured me that my "Returns" were okay and I would receive the total amount refunded including shipping charges. QVC apologized to me on the phone. QVC was as good as their word.  My products were processed as returns on February 2. 

Esteemed Contributor

My point isn't that they troll the board looking for ways to increase sales; this is about (a) the obnoxious Q Card push and (b) the obnoxious "faux" helpful reply.

I don't care what anyone thinks--this is harbinger of bad things to come. They used to leave us alone here; now they're all over us. Sure, it's their right, but that doesn't make it any less obnoxious.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

It doesn't bother me.  Maybe that poster didn't know about the q card.

Respected Contributor

I just don't get the constant bashing of the mods..

OP, they have always been here but now they have the opportunity of responding. What is so bad about that?

You do have options you know.

Honored Contributor

@gardenslaYour strong feelings sort of remind me of my mother's feelings years and years ago - during the 1950's, in fact.

We lived in a little farming town with very little shopping, so when my mother and the one aunt who lived in our town wanted to shop, we got on the bus to a nearby bigger town.  Their two favorite stores were manned (literally) by the owners who were constantly pushy, pulling items from the racks, whispering to the sales women to show this or that, etc. 

Those stores were always the last we went to -  and the ones where they spent the majority of their money!

I don't even mind the pressure -  and when it's coming about the Linea line, I say turn about is fair play.  You all pressured QVC like crazy to bring him back.  They did, so the pressure worked.  Of course, now there's big pressure to continue to buy and support the line. Makes sense to me - pressure from both sides of the aisle.

By the way, I'm pretty much immune to feeling pressured by what goes on here.

Honored Contributor

I don't see anything wrong with it.  It's just a response providing information.  It wasn't aimed at anyone but the poster commenting about wanting EZpay on an item.

That poster might've appreciated the information.

Nothing to get worked up about, IMO.

Esteemed Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@gardenslaYour strong feelings sort of remind me of my mother's feelings years and years ago - during the 1950's, in fact.

We lived in a little farming town with very little shopping, so when my mother and the one aunt who lived in our town wanted to shop, we got on the bus to a nearby bigger town.  Their two favorite stores were manned (literally) by the owners who were constantly pushy, pulling items from the racks, whispering to the sales women to show this or that, etc. 

Those stores were always the last we went to -  and the ones where they spent the majority of their money!

I don't even mind the pressure -  and when it's coming about the Linea line, I say turn about is fair play.  You all pressured QVC like crazy to bring him back.  They did, so the pressure worked.  Of course, now there's big pressure to continue to buy and support the line. Makes sense to me - pressure from both sides of the aisle.

By the way, I'm pretty much immune to feeling pressured by what goes on here.

This has nothing whatsoever to do with a brand; would be SMH if it were any other brand.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Esteemed Contributor

@Melania wrote:

I just don't get the constant bashing of the mods..

OP, they have always been here but now they have the opportunity of responding. What is so bad about that?

You do have options you know.

And if you took a moment to read my post, this is not moderator bashing; my objection is using a post as an opportunity to shill the Q Card. 

As for the bolded--no need to be unpleasant or make this personal.  I have an opinion, yours differs. 

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat