Honored Contributor

Re: So much for exchanges without extra shipping

Question still hangin' in the wind here: DO YOU HAVE TO PAY THE SHIPPING ON THE REPLACEMENT ITEM?

Please and thank you... Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@CLEM

Call Customer Svce and tell them about the new exchanges without charging for shipping.

Respected Contributor

@Alice-QVC wrote:

Hi @CLEM, I am so sorry that happened. Please email us at QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com and we will look into this for you.

@Alice-QVC  Thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction.   I did e-mail the QVCSocialTeam and they responded.  I will now get the replacement pants without being charged for shipping.  I should also get refunded for the return shipping of the first pair of pants.

Super Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

Question still hangin' in the wind here: DO YOU HAVE TO PAY THE SHIPPING ON THE REPLACEMENT ITEM?

Please and thank you... Woman Happy

@faeriemoon - No, you don't pay additional shipping on the replacement item.  But they also do not refund the original shipping (same as with straight returns).  You also are not supposed to be charged the return label fee when you request an exchange, even if the size/color you need ends up selling out.  

So it seems like it ends up as a truly free exchange...after you carefully monitor how it gets processed and then request CS to correctly credit your account for everything that was missed in the returns/exchanges department   Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

You are so right - what a bad system is in place.  I returned a ring and clearly checked exchange for a different size, marked the new size and mailed it back.  Today I received an email that they returned my item, minus the $4.50 original shipping, and $6.95 label fee.  I am out over $11.00 !  I called customer service and they said there is a problem with the exchange system and I will be getting the $11. back.  Meanwhile she ordered me a new ring and charged me the $4.50 shipping.  I better get the original shipping and label fee back soon or I will call again.  This should not be happening when they keep stating on live tv about the free exchange policy.

Honored Contributor

@CLEM,   I have had that happen several times.  I mark the ticket exchange and you receive a refund.  It's a joke and they need to stop advertising something that does NOT EXIST.  Or, they need to inform people taking returns what they need to do.  Right now, THE EXCHANGE POLICY IS A JOKE!     Cat Tongue  P.S.  Right now we have the exchange policy but no one exchanges anything!

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Alice-QVC  Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.  As of yesterday, I have received my new pair of pants without additional shipping charges.  I have also been credited for the $6.95 return shipping charges which was originally deducted.

I guess it takes a while for this kind of new policy to kick in and work.

Frequent Contributor

I was charged for an exchange also. I used the return label, marked exchanged and was sent the item and was charged shipping. I thought there were no shipping charges involved at all but I guess I was mistaken.

Respected Contributor

@missmouse12  There are no shipping charges beyond the original ones.  Call customer service and tell them that they owe you a credit.  I guess not everyone at the Q is up on this new policy.  I was reimbursed for charges I should not have had in connection with the exchange.

Super Contributor

The policy is only good if you actually get the newer item.  That also happened to me when I asked for an exchange due to defect and it was out of stock.  IF you exchange for a different color and size and IF they have it and send it to you shipping is free.  BUT if the item is out of stock you pay the shipping.....go figure.