Respected Contributor

Re: So much for exchanges without extra shipping

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

So, what happens if you ask for an exchange of the same item, different size or color but it's no longer available?  Are you then charged, although it's not your fault?  What about the instance when a different size or color of the same item has a different item number? 

Seems like there are a lot of loopholes which aren't fully explained by this new policy.  It wasn't well thought out. 

I have the same questions @Kachina624. Many times in clothing it's one order for the season, so colors and sizes sell out quickly. If an exchange size or color is unavailable, who pays for the return shipping of the original item? I assume we do as it's treated like a return, so there is still a risk in buying that one will end up paying $10 to try something on.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

I totally agree with the above two posts.   All this talk about free exchanges and you can buy without worrything about size etc. as they will just send you another in a different size!!!   Its really hogwash as mostly the size and/or color you want is now unavailable and you are given a refund MINUS shipping both ways.

Don't fall for it ladies !!!!

Contributor

Interestingly enough the very same thing happned to me  i clearly sent back a pair of Women with Control leggings to EXChange for a smaller  size, I used the prepaid shipping label./ The exchange was clearly marked,  QVC promptly refunded me the money and deducted the $6.95 return fee.

The size I wanted was in stock,  I called to complain to  the customer service operator who had no clue at all about the "free exhange" and  ttook a  brand   new order for  the same  leggings I had orginally asked for a size exchange and promptley charged me a new shipping  fee..................... 

I am about done, I called customer service back  to explain this yet again and have the second shipping fee removed, and had no luck, the operator I spoke to could not or would not understand. She too seemed to have no idea about the concept of exchanges without extra shippping

The time and effor to do this was two hours  a day for two days ( 4hours total)..................which involves, finding a quiet place to speak while I am working.  Certainly not worth the effort anymore.

Honored Contributor

Can someone clarify this for me?  If I return a pair of pants (for example) for a smaller size, am I NOT charged for the return fee , and NOT charged for the shipping on the replacement pair?  That is TRULY the only way they can rightfully say exchanges are FREE.

Respected Contributor

faeriemoon wrote:

Can someone clarify this for me?  If I return a pair of pants (for example) for a smaller size, am I NOT charged for the return fee , and NOT charged for the shipping on the replacement pair?  That is TRULY the only way they can rightfully say exchanges are FREE.

@Alice-QVC   Can you please answer question below, in bold text ... I understand that if I mark 'exchange' and the item is in stock, I do not have to pay anything ("back or forth" for the exchange) ... I emailed QVC twice, and also asked same question below on a forum, and did not get a satisfactory answer: 

If I return for exchange and my 'new' size is sold out, am I charged for the $6.95 return shipping fee when QVC credits my account for the return of the size that didn't fit?   Thanks!                @faeriemoon

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Ladies, thanks for all your responses.   I have immediately checked about availability of the item and it is still in stock in the color I want as well as the size.  And they are still in stock.

I will get in touch with the QVC Social Team.

Thank you so much for suggesting this @alice@qvc

Honored Contributor

It seems as though no answers to our questions are forthcoming.  If I'd sent in a request for an exchange and was charged a return shipping fee, I'd be raising Cain with someone. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

@theladyinred wrote:

Interestingly enough the very same thing happned to me  i clearly sent back a pair of Women with Control leggings to EXChange for a smaller  size, I used the prepaid shipping label./ The exchange was clearly marked,  QVC promptly refunded me the money and deducted the $6.95 return fee.

The size I wanted was in stock,  I called to complain to  the customer service operator who had no clue at all about the "free exhange" and  ttook a  brand   new order for  the same  leggings I had orginally asked for a size exchange and promptley charged me a new shipping  fee..................... 

I am about done, I called customer service back  to explain this yet again and have the second shipping fee removed, and had no luck, the operator I spoke to could not or would not understand. She too seemed to have no idea about the concept of exchanges without extra shippping

The time and effor to do this was two hours  a day for two days ( 4hours total)..................which involves, finding a quiet place to speak while I am working.  Certainly not worth the effort anymore.

@theladyinred -  I'm sorry that you have spent so much time on this and still haven't received satisfaction (your "free" exchange) yet.  Personally, I use the online chat or contact the forum mods for customer service issues.  The chat feature is really simple to use, happens in real time, and, for me, is less stressful than calling.  Sometimes you do have to wait on-hold for a rep but it feels less annoying than waiting over the phone.  

My top choice for CS is to email the forum moderators directly.  Their  email address is:  QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com.  I think the mods provide excellent customer assistance and really seem to be interested in and have the ability to resolve issues.  If you are still interested in getting your exchange order corrected, I highly recommend emailing the mods.  I think you will be pleased with the outcome plus you can send your email whenever it is convenient for you.  Then you can go about your day and check back later on for a reply.  Just be advised that you generally do not get an immediate response when emailing the mods. 

Just thought I'd share my preferences in case you or others haven't tried these other avenues for customer assistance.    

QVC Customer Care

Hi @seaBreeze If you return an item for exchange of the same item and Item Number within the 30 day return policy you should not be charged postage even if the size you are requesting is sold out. 

Contributor

@DeniseColo

Thank you so much for you time and response to my post.  I will do exactly as you suggested.  You are most kind.