Esteemed Contributor

Re: So many hosts, but we are watching many re-runs. WHY??

I think it all depends on when you're watching Q2—the programming has now expanded to be new between noon and midnight ET on weekdays and 10 a.m. and 10 p.m. ET on weekends. Overall, that basically means you're only going to catch reruns overnight or really early in the morning, which is a big improvement.

Esteemed Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

I think it all depends on when you're watching Q2—the programming has now expanded to be new between noon and midnight ET on weekdays and 10 a.m. and 10 p.m. ET on weekends. Overall, that basically means you're only going to catch reruns overnight or really early in the morning, which is a big improvement.

@BirkiLady 

To @loriqvc 's info re: Q2, I'll add the BeautyiQ channel is only live 8pm to midnight, eastern time, Monday thru Friday.

Everything else is reruns.

If you miss the live 8pm-12 show, the midnight to 4am is a repeat of the 4 live hours you just missed. After those hours the programming can be anything.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the info. @x Hedge . I wasn't aware of such a short live on-air timeframe for BeautyIQ. No wonder I found it so boring!!

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

@x Hedge - I also didn't realize the BeautyIQ live programming window was so short, as I've never watched anything there. It makes me wonder why they bother keeping BeautyIQ as its own channel. As others have noted here, perhaps the Q will shift things around in the future and use that "placeholder" channel for something else...

Esteemed Contributor

@loriqvc , @BirkiLady 

Perhaps, but . . .

As I recall just four or five years ago Q2, (known as Q Plus at that time) was live only a few hours a day.

BeautyiQ may be progressing right on schedule. 

Esteemed Contributor

@x Hedge  Well, that's interesting. Q2 is something I've only recently begun to check out! . As usual, I'm the last to know the details since I no longer watch programming. Once upon a time, I was a QVC regular and spent a lot of money. Haven't paid much attention for 10-15 years. Usually just check out the videos that interest me. Thanks for the information!

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

I contend strongly that the recent en masse hiring of new hosts was not, as some believe, to round out live programming on the two subsidiary channels, but to have replacements ready for multiple veteran departures, whether voluntary or not.

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

I suspect that they will give up on BeautyIQ as a channel dedicated solely to that category.

If you look ahead at the program guide, there are more and more non-beauty shows being repeated from the other 2 channels.

Maybe it will be relaunched as a Home/Lifestyle/Cooking channel.

@Johnnyeager   I agree with your theory.  Especially since QVC/Qurate launched their beauty podcast, Basic Beauty on Spotify and iTunes, late last year.  There are seven or eight of them online.