Honored Contributor

So, let me get this straight, QVC....

[ Edited ]

We've had this forum for decades.  We connect with friends, follow the rules and discuss YOUR MERCHANDISE and you are going to shut us down?

This decision is nothing less than shortsighted and cruel.

I hope you watch your sales plummet.  I, for one, will be less incined to order from QVC.

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

Re: So, let me get this straight, QVC....

@house_cat 

Be sure to check out the threads about the new boards being set up - one on ProBoards by @Mellyg and another on Delphi. 

Super Contributor

Good point...

I have been ordering less lately anyway.... I wait 2 weeks for things to be delivered anymore.  

Pre-pandemic, I could get items in a day ot two!!  

I am not on facebook and.... based on what we learned from the whistle blower and Facebook's acknowledgment of knowing the platform is being used in human trafficking but choosing to do nothing.  And oh yeah, strike three-- all the businesses are negatively impacted by facebook & instagram being down all day yesterday..... 

Maybe this is for the best.  Maybe it's time to step away from the computers and screens so much.... go read a book.  Meet a friend for coffee in a real coffee shop.  

Regular Contributor

I ordered a Life is Good t-shirt on sept.1, and received it on the 

20th!!!  
On the other hand, my sister lives in HK and I receive her packages between 10-14 days.  
QVC really needs to up their game.  After all these years, instead of improving, they keep sliding backwards.  

Frequent Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

We've had this forum for decades.  We connect with friends, follow the rules and discuss YOUR MERCHANDISE and you are going to shut us down?

I hope you watch your sales plummet.  I, for one, will be less incined to order from QVC.

Cruel? It's a business decision. I highly doubt that sales will be impacted. There are probably thousands who buy from QVC who don't participate in these boards.

Trusted Contributor

@layla2450, I firmly believe sales will be impacted. 

I know from my own experience that each time an item is mentioned in a post I check it out. Each day a product number is provided I have the ease to go to the search bar and view the item. In fact probably more than half of my purchases, which are more than I care to admit, have been prompted by comments from this message board. Especially when you've realize which posters seem to have similar taste to your own.

I read the board when I have an opportunity to wind down. It's the time when I do online shopping. I don't watch much of QVC on television anymore. This forum is where I get most of my product information. Then check the product and watch the video. 

I just wonder if QVC fails to realize the amount of advertising is provided by the forums. 

With companies always looking for ways to expand advertising, why eliminate a source they've created on their own site? 

Why eliminated the goodwill this board provides? Why devalue all the many customers who are not and will never be Facebook users.

Esteemed Contributor

QVC is telling us that they don't need us nor do they care if they llose us.

Some other company will appreciate the thousands I spend and will appreciate my money and value me as a customer. 

This forum would stay open if QVC were able to accept any negativity opinions. The Q wants nothing to do with Suggestion Boxes, Surveys, or even negative reviews. Well, good luck with that. My money is good and appreciated and valued at all other places. 

Honored Contributor

Cruel? It's a business decision. I highly doubt that sales will be impacted. There are probably thousands who buy from QVC who don't participate in these boards.

@layla2450 

It appears you are new to this forum.  I don't think you understand the relationships that have developed over the years among the participants.

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

@layla2450 

It appears you are new to this forum.  I don't think you understand the relationships that have developed over the years among the participants.

I was going to say the same thing about the new poster @house_cat .   This is her/his 5th post and doesn't have a clue about these forums.

Esteemed Contributor

@layla2450 wrote:

@house_cat wrote:

I hope you watch your sales plummet.  I, for one, will be less inclined to order from QVC.

@layla2450   You are wrong.  I think we have some of the biggest spenders here.  IMO this may have been more accepted if they waited till after the Holidays.  A better announcement would have been a lot better.  The way this was handled is poor to the Customers that have been with them for years.    

Some people are not on here daily or even weekly.  How many will come here and it will be gone?  There is a right way and a wrong way to do this and IMO they did it the wrong way!