Super Contributor

Re: So is it all night reruns forever?

I was looking forward to the return of regular programs during the overnight hours but I see this was not the case.  They did lie to us.  Re-runs were supposed to end yesterday.  Very disappointed in QVC.

Regular Contributor

QVC has become one big lie as of late.

Respected Contributor

Personally I am getting tired of waiting for my purchases. I have had a Linea sweater In Process since the AM of October 30.  They should focus on shipping to their customers more.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@millieshops wrote:

Unless some whistle blower produces evidence, how do we know what the plan was?  We can guess, but that's worth the same thing as free advice and we all know what that often is.

I'm still thinking QVC is collecting evidence about what happened to sales when they put this format into place.  If they're losing more than producing those hours was costing, there's hope they'll go live again.

Actually we received a response from QVC here on the subject and they stated the experiment would last 4 weeks and then they would evaluate it.
They weren't whistleblowers....it was  a response to asking why we were seeing reruns.

Regular Contributor

I asked on the Live Chat line and got a canned reponse that said it was going to continue through the end of the year!  Because people like to view the TSV over and over.  Oh, yeah.

And when they have a bad holiday season, who will they blame?  I was hoping for some new gift ideas.

Valued Contributor

if it means lower prices for me in the end run, I'm all for it. 

So many complaints about the climbing prices at the Q and maybe this is a way of managing it. 

Frequent Contributor

@SewHappy2 wrote:

I asked on the Live Chat line and got a canned reponse that said it was going to continue through the end of the year!  Because people like to view the TSV over and over.  Oh, yeah.

And when they have a bad holiday season, who will they blame?  I was hoping for some new gift ideas.

Well, that just stinks!!! Knew the “trial” period was coming to an end soon.  Very sad to hear it will be through year end!  In the pacific time zone, this is when I watch QVC most often, during the night hours.   Very sad as there were always great deals and clearance sales during night hour shows.  I guess QVC is not taking into consideration those on the west coast when this is prime time for watching.

Valued Contributor

It seems like this would be a pretty easy decision for them to make at this point. They should have enough data to tell if their bottom line has increased from the reduction in operating costs and reruns of the TSV. If they've already extended the rerun period to the end of November, I think that's a bad sign for you late night viewers.

Super Contributor

to say i am disappointed is an understatement. i want qvc to be live 24/7 especially now as the holidays approach. what are they thinking with these endless repeats. i noticed hsn is starting to do it too. 

Frequent Contributor

I noticed last week when I woke up in the middle of the night they were doing reruns in the early morning hours.  I don’t mind  at all since I do not  watch the Q all that often.

But since the Q bought out HSN, they probably decided it is less money to just rerun the presentations as HSN has done for years now.  It makes sense since the presenters do not need  to work the graveyard shift hours and can have more normal hours to spend with their families.  I think they should keep it going.  All the other shopping shows  do it this way.