So far not impressed with QVC

My mother swears by QVC.  She's bought everything from computers to designer purses and shoes and has had absolutely no problems ordering or receiving her items.   So one day about a year ago she wins me over.  I saw something (can't remember what) on QVC tv and wanted it.  So I called, placed my order, gave my credit card and thought all is well.  Nope.  I get a call two or three days later saying that my order was cancelled due to the "type of card" I was using.  That if I changed the card I used I could replace the order.  Huh?  My mother and I bank at the same place and have the same debit card...  So I didn't re-submit the order and moved on.

So recently my husband and I just bought a new house - one with a finished basement for which my husband was thrilled to "finally" have a man-cave.  As a gift to him (and his birthday is tomorrow) I thought I'd give QVC another try and ordered him a 55" SmartTv for his man-cave.  Order went through just fine (online this time) and they even charged my debit card (a new bank).  That's where the problems began.  They charged my card twice for the first easy payment.   My bank seeing the duplicate charge automatically put a block on my card until we straighened it out.  So that meant the second charge they put on got declined and it goes downhill from there.  I'm going to make this very long story short.  It's been three weeks (first initial order placed on August 31) and I STILL do not have the TV, nor has it even been shipped.  I've called about 10 times and no one could tell me why the order was being held up.  In my online account it just shows "in process" though they have my payment in their coffers. 

So today I get a call from their finance department, I'm at work they called my cell phone and so I missed that call.  I listed to the voicemail and it was a very tert message from a woman saying that my order has been held all this time in the finance department and that I have 24 hours to call and confirm some information or the order will be cancelled.   What!   After I've waited THREE WEEKS with no movement, after you've charged my card twice, after no one could give me any answers, you give me 24 hours to contact you?  Well answer me this... why the heck did it take so long to let me know the order was held and you needed to verify my address!?  Why didn't anyone call me before now?  Why couldn't anyone in customer service answer why the order was held up?  Why am I now being given only24 hours to respond!?   That's the part that gets me.  Ive gotten nothing but customer UNservice for three weeks and you have the audacity to rush me?  Wow.

I really wish I could say that's the end of it, but I can't...  So I call the number back and I'm automatedly told that all representatives are busy but that I can either hold or leave a message.  Ticked off now I choose to hold to talk to someone.  I hold for 2 minutes then a recording comes on and says "leave a message...".   I'm done.  I'm done with QVC and can't believe the horrible service I've received - twice.  I always thought QVC was a classy company, but honestly after all this, I'd rather go to Walmart.

Trusted Contributor

Re: So far not impressed with QVC

Because it is a TV set, they are confirming the address to ensure that it gets to the right place. In some cases, you may have to sign for the delivery. That is probably the delay for that situation, but I cannot speculate about the bank.

A new customer might have a different billing/shipping address which would also need to be confirmed.

I have ordered big ticket items in the past and have always received a call asking about delivery choices. I have never had a problem receiving my items. I ordered a mattress this summer and delivery was flawless!

Esteemed Contributor

I have never ordered and will never order any major purchase from QVC. The most expensive thing I ever ordered was a $200 leather jacket. I don't know if the OP wants to give QVC another chance but, if so, I'd stick to the small stuff. Good luck!

Honored Contributor

@StaceyinPA wrote:

I really wish I could say that's the end of it, but I can't...  So I call the number back and I'm automatedly told that all representatives are busy but that I can either hold or leave a message.  Ticked off now I choose to hold to talk to someone.  I hold for 2 minutes then a recording comes on and says "leave a message...".   I'm done.  I'm done with QVC and can't believe the horrible service I've received - twice.  I always thought QVC was a classy company, but honestly after all this, I'd rather go to Walmart.

Bye!

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

The problem lies in the fact that you are a brand new customer, ordering a big ticket item, with a DEBIT card on EZ pay!

Tons of red flags there for a vendor.  They have no guarantees you will have the funds in that account for future payments.  They must take precautions to protect their investments as well.

I agree with you!  Go to Walmart!  I would never have something like a TV shipped.  We all know how 'gentle' cough, cough...delivery men can be with things!  I would never take the chance on a high ticket electronic.  What if you have technical issues with it or just don't like the quality of the picture?  How on earth would you ship it back?  Deal locally so you have some recourse of action.

Contributor

I don't blame you.  I first began shopping with QVC back in the mid 1990's.  It was so different back then.  No problems whatsoever.  The quality of the merchandise has gone so downhill and the prices way up!  I cannot remember the last time I ordered anything and until they make some big changes, I won't.   I only come to the web site to read the forums when I am bored.

Honored Contributor

I've been a customer for only about 5 years, and while I have never had a problem with ordering, I will NEVER buy important big ticket items from this company.  It's one thing for me to order cookware, battery operated candles, and even a few items of clothing, sight unseen, but my attitude about important furnishings for my home is much different.   All 4 televisions in this house came from Wal-Mart.   

Honored Contributor

@flickerbulb wrote:

Because it is a TV set, they are confirming the address to ensure that it gets to the right place. In some cases, you may have to sign for the delivery. That is probably the delay for that situation, but I cannot speculate about the bank.

A new customer might have a different billing/shipping address which would also need to be confirmed.

I have ordered big ticket items in the past and have always received a call asking about delivery choices. I have never had a problem receiving my items. I ordered a mattress this summer and delivery was flawless!

While I agree with much of this, it doesn't even begin to answer the questions about why it took them 3 weeks to call her, why they were not able to explain this when she called them, or why after three weeks, she suddenly only had 24 hours to respond. There's no excuse for their inability to have explained that when she called them.

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

The problem lies in the fact that you are a brand new customer, ordering a big ticket item, with a DEBIT card on EZ pay!

Tons of red flags there for a vendor.  They have no guarantees you will have the funds in that account for future payments.  They must take precautions to protect their investments as well.

Exactly!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Valued Contributor

Hi @StaceyinPA

I am sorry to hear that you did not have a positive service experience. If you e-mail us at QVCSocialTeam@QVC.com we can forwarded this to our Finance Department and see about getting this order back on track. 

Brittany